GPS Problems?

This is a discussion on GPS Problems? within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Is anyone else having GPS problems? Can't navigate without it!...

Thread: GPS Problems?

GPS Problems?

Is anyone else having GPS problems? Can't navigate without it!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I just noticed a little while ago on one of the mobile phone sites that the Captivate does indeed have GPS issues.

They also said that there was a work around you could do to get it working again while waiting for an OTA update to fix it.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Captivate and so didn't really make a note of where to find the details. I'm sure you can find it with Google, if you really want to search for it.

The good news is that there is a fix for it. The bad news is that you'll have to search for it yourself. Sorry.

Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
    I just noticed a little while ago on one of the mobile phone sites that the Captivate does indeed have GPS issues.

They also said that there was a work around you could do to get it working again while waiting for an OTA update to fix it.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Captivate and so didn't really make a note of where to find the details. I'm sure you can find it with Google, if you really want to search for it.

The good news is that there is a fix for it. The bad news is that you'll have to search for it yourself. Sorry.

Good luck with it.
    I tried one of the fixes out there and it didn't seem to help. I am going to do some more work on it today though...

I did this fix here.

• Step 1 -- Open menu > settings > Location & Security. Uncheck the box next to "Use Wireless Networks"
    • Step 2 -- Open the dialer (the phone button) and enter the following: *#*#1472365#*#* . Then press "send" to open the Vibrant's LbsTestMode menu.
    • Step 3 -- In the LBSTestMode menu, press “Application Settings” and change “Operation Mode” to “MS Based.”
    • Step 4 -- In the LBSTestMode menu, find “SUPL/CP Settings” and change the SERVER & PORT to supl.google.com and port 7276 (DO NOT use www. in front of supl !)
    • Step 5 -- Reboot your phone.
    • Step 6 -- Open menu > settings > Location & Security. Check the box next to "Use Wireless Networks"
    Before it I could not get a fix at all on my location, directions did not work. After doing it I was able to get a fix instantly, however if I do the voice turn by turn directions it take a min or two to load up all the info then it works perfectly.

when I first got mine the gps didn't want to lock, so I got gps tester from the market and it still didn't want to lock. I turned the gps off then back on, opened gps tester and it locked pretty quickly after that and so far I have had no real issues with it. I have read that maybe there's bad first run out there and they will replace it with no questions or hassle, so if it continues I would take advantage of that.

I got mine the Fri. after they came out and haven't messed with the GPS much other than to turn it off. Since I was sitting in the truck smoking and decided to just test it out I turned it on dialed into the app and within about 20 seconds had a lock with 9 sats and within about 5 meters I shut it down deleted the results afterward. I've done this all day today and the results are pretty much the same So to me it may just be a chip issue but who knows

I picked min up a few days ago and finally got a chance yesterday to mess with the gps. It takes about 45 sec to lock stats but then is spot on! I think I lucked out and got one that actually works!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links