Thinking of leaving Backflip for Captivate.

This is a discussion on Thinking of leaving Backflip for Captivate. within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Just do it....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of leaving Backflip for Captivate.

Just do it.

In order to copy your music to your Captivate with USB connection First go to applications, settings, applications, USB settings and mass storage. Pull down the notification bar and select USB Connected, Mount.

C2k
    Quote Originally Posted by peteseiler2010 View Post
    I just checked online on AT&T's site, I just got my Backflip in April of this year and I can buy a captivate for $372.99 on that very line. i think the Captivate normally goes for $499.99 OOC. My co-worker showed me his yesterday and I love it...I do like my Backflip, but the Captivate just blows me away, i will have mine in a few days.
    They gave me an early upgrade after 4 months and waived the activation fee, so it came out to 300 after tax. I mean I've been a customer for a long time but still don't let them beat you out of a deal.

Oh good! I have had this line in question for about 4 months as well, but I have been an AT&T customer for a few years. I will let you know how it turns out, hopefully I don't have to pay more than you did, $300 sounds great.

I called samsung yesterday and they claim it is all about changing settings to allow mass storage devices, I tried that last night and cant seem find her directions to the location on windows 7 I think she was giving directions for xp. Either way she is speaking to management about there being no written instructions to guide customers with perfect trouble free setup on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by donnalette View Post
    I called samsung yesterday and they claim it is all about changing settings to allow mass storage devices, I tried that last night and cant seem find her directions to the location on windows 7 I think she was giving directions for xp. Either way she is speaking to management about there being no written instructions to guide customers with perfect trouble free setup on the phone.
    Yeah when you connect to a usb connection you have four options to choose from, one is Samsung Kies (which is a program I need to try out), then there are three others, one of which is mass storage. If you have it set up in the right one you'll be able to do all that stuff.

I just got back from the AT&T store, I got my captivate for $294 after tax! WOOO...I got to keep my unlimited data as well...I have not put it down since I got it. What a difference from the Backflip, it was a good phone for a first generation though.

I have a Backflip right now and I was thinking of upgrade but two things are holding me back. First, no physical keyboard and that is a must for me. Second and lastly the Captivate is huge. Yes the Captivate is thinner then the Backflip the total length and width is much bigger then the backflip. If you need a bigger screen because of poor eye thing this would be a good phone. I do have to say the Captivate is much faster then the Backflip. Everything runs much smoother. It just hard to compare with the Captivate is on Android 2.1 and the Backflip is using 1.5. When the backflip upgrades to 2.1 I would be interested to compare the differences in performance.

The Captivate has much better specs than the Backflip. I doubt we'll be seeing anywhere near the same performance even after the Backflip has been upgraded to 2.1.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by nappent View Post
    I have a Backflip right now and I was thinking of upgrade but two things are holding me back. First, no physical keyboard and that is a must for me. Second and lastly the Captivate is huge. Yes the Captivate is thinner then the Backflip the total length and width is much bigger then the backflip. If you need a bigger screen because of poor eye thing this would be a good phone. I do have to say the Captivate is much faster then the Backflip. Everything runs much smoother. It just hard to compare with the Captivate is on Android 2.1 and the Backflip is using 1.5. When the backflip upgrades to 2.1 I would be interested to compare the differences in performance.
    Regarding your comment about no physical keyboard...I said the same thing before I got it. Go to a store and try Swype out. Trust me you will forget about a physical keyboard REALLY fast. You'll laugh at your friends who have an Apple keypad or a physical one as you fly by them with your text messages. Its SO much faster and easier that is crazy not everyone is doing it. I came to the phone from a blackberry curve and this phone is much bigger spec wise but honestly sitting in my pocket, I just don't feel it. Its super thin (even with my case on it) and I don't think you'll notice the larger size until you are looking at it and admiring the HUGE screen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links