Email and voice command questions.

This is a discussion on Email and voice command questions. within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I have had my captivate since the day they came out and love the phone...except. The email is terrible. I run a couple of online ...

Thread: Email and voice command questions.

Email and voice command questions.

I have had my captivate since the day they came out and love the phone...except. The email is terrible. I run a couple of online stores with yahoo email addys. I have another store with a gmail acct. On my old iphone the email was all centrally located on one button. On the captivate the yahooo does not want to fetch will on wifi. Now I have an ebay acct on there. Gmail acct. Factory set email. Too many places to look for my email. How do I get them all into one button? The yahoo accts. are fee accts. not paid accts.
    When I got the phone it would announce who was calling and sending a message. Somewhere I lost that feature. How do I get it back. To be honest right now I miss my iphone just due to the email. This phone is great for everything else but email is huge to me. I have two more weeks to decide to trade for the iphone which at this point I will probably due unless I can get the email to work for a non tech guy such as myself. Great forum here guys hopefully you can help me.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try K-9 Mail. It works great for me.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

Thanks for the reply Joe. I tried k-9 and did not find it doing what I needed. My iphone would fetch emails every 15 minutes. How do I make this one do that. The k-9 would get some but them some would have to be sought after. I need an app. that checks and notifies of yahoo and gmail accts. every 15 minutes. Can k-9 do that for me? Thanks again.

Joe I reloaded the k-9 now that I know the phone a bit better. I have 5 eamil accts in it and all looks great except I have to tell it when to check the email. Any way of setting it to do it for me?

Well you can go to each folder and go into settings and check new mail notification.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

I think I have it. Thanks for the help. Any idea about the voice notification? It must be something I did as the phone use to tell me who was sending a message and who was calling and now it does not.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links