getting my Captivate in 2 days

This is a discussion on getting my Captivate in 2 days within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; yea man mine comes in tomorrow keep checking my fedex tracking number lol im rly excited about it... do i need to root the phone ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: getting my Captivate in 2 days

yea man mine comes in tomorrow keep checking my fedex tracking number lol im rly excited about it... do i need to root the phone in order to download the emulators like the PS1 and gba emulators? or are they already on the market

They're already on the market. psx4droid (PSX Emulator) and GameBoid (GBA Emulator)

PSX GBA

Quote Originally Posted by trevorr77 View Post
    You CAN install 3rd party apps. You can't install stuff outside of the market (HUGE difference). There is something called the Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine that will allow you to load things off the market
    The Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine - Android Central Forums

The phone isn't slow AT ALL...I think you got a bad phone or something.

you CAN group contacts if you sync with Gmail contact (incorrect)

Who cares about an LED?

Power location only sucks cause you are used to it being somewhere else.

Its a GREAT phone...you will love it. Don't listen to this guy, his gripes are mostly whining because the phone was different from his last one.
    no didnt get a bad phone..compared to some other android phones like the htc incredible..which sports a supposedly a weaker processor..the htc is lightnin fast compared to the samsung..i get some lag in opening some apps...and its talked about all over the net.. For a phone this caliber..should not have any lag.

and yeah some of the features i miss from my old phone..il give u that...but LED is big..you can just look at the phone without turning on the screen to see if u have a message or email..u can just look at the LED..so i care about LED.

ok ive sync my contacts using gmail and its under gmail group...pl show me how to add contacts to other groups like friends and family since you seem to know how.

woo got my captivate and im rly happy with it.... rly fast, add my contacts was easy with google sync, got all my apps and ran neocore and got 55.6fps on it =)

Captivate is sick...so glad I finally got a case for it! Coming from the Blackberry Bold, this is a stunner upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by rockinfigs View Post
    no didnt get a bad phone..compared to some other android phones like the htc incredible..which sports a supposedly a weaker processor..the htc is lightnin fast compared to the samsung..i get some lag in opening some apps...and its talked about all over the net.. For a phone this caliber..should not have any lag.

and yeah some of the features i miss from my old phone..il give u that...but LED is big..you can just look at the phone without turning on the screen to see if u have a message or email..u can just look at the LED..so i care about LED.

ok ive sync my contacts using gmail and its under gmail group...pl show me how to add contacts to other groups like friends and family since you seem to know how.
    My point with the LED was that you are making it out to be some huge design flaw when the large majority of people don't use them. I get that you use it but lets not overexaggerate things.

The Incredible is known to be the best phone available on the market...so yeah when you line this up with it, there are a few shortcomings. But you are comparing it to a phone that most people aren't able to get (most buy a new phone while still under contract). I don't notice a lag at all when opening apps. Both phones though sport 1 ghz processors...just made by different companies.

My point with the LED was that you are making it out to be some huge design flaw when the large majority of people don't use them. I get that you use it but lets not overexaggerate things.

The Incredible is known to be the best phone available on the market...so yeah when you line this up with it, there are a few shortcomings. But you are comparing it to a phone that most people aren't able to get (most buy a new phone while still under contract). I don't notice a lag at all when opening apps. Both phones though sport 1 ghz processors...just made by different companies.
    ok..first of all..obviously you really dont know much about phones. im not making a big deal out of the LED..and never said it was a design flaw.... not over exaggerating.

second..the htc incredible is NOT known to be the best phone available on the market..i dont know where you got that..but if you think that, you must be smoking some wacky tobaccy!!

the htc incredible sports a 1 ghz snapdragon where the captivate sports a 1ghz hummingbird..the hummingbird is suppose to be a better processor. if you experience zero lag sometimes when using the phone im happy for you..you must be the only one who got a perfect captivate..let me guess..your gps works all the time as well????

and pls tell me how to add contacts to other groups when i have my contacts synced with gmail..i liked to know pls tell me....

well my captivate is running pretty good but i did uninstall all Att apps but as well im coming from a iphone 3g and a motorola backflip so this is a huge difference in speed for me =)

Quote Originally Posted by rockinfigs View Post
    ok..first of all..obviously you really dont know much about phones. im not making a big deal out of the LED..and never said it was a design flaw.... not over exaggerating.

second..the htc incredible is NOT known to be the best phone available on the market..i dont know where you got that..but if you think that, you must be smoking some wacky tobaccy!!

the htc incredible sports a 1 ghz snapdragon where the captivate sports a 1ghz hummingbird..the hummingbird is suppose to be a better processor. if you experience zero lag sometimes when using the phone im happy for you..you must be the only one who got a perfect captivate..let me guess..your gps works all the time as well????

and pls tell me how to add contacts to other groups when i have my contacts synced with gmail..i liked to know pls tell me....
    Lets see so you insult me and then ask me to help you? Yeah I think I'll pass...figure out yourself.

By the way, again YOU had a slow phone others have said theirs is blazingly fast yet you continue to say it wasn't your phone or something you did to the phone. Believe what you want but quit being as ass about it then. You come across as being really pompous...and you DID make a big deal out of the LED. You bought a phone without a feature that you really valued and then you complained that it wasn't there.

No one has really stepped out to call the Gal S phones the best on the market. Its a good quality phone. My GPS doesn't always work, though I made an adjustment today and it locked right in...hopefully it stays that way.
    by the way, here's an example of a few places that called the Incredible the best or one of the best. :
    HTC Incredible Is The Best Smartphone You Can Buy On Verizon
    Review: HTC Droid Incredible lives up to its name - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets - PC World - msnbc.com
    Droid Incredible review -- Engadget

Maybe there are better phones out there now but the Incredible is a top performer. If you liked it, stick with it. My point in refuting you was this:

You listed ONE pro to the phone and then a list of pretty minor things that you didn't like. Many are things that either aren't universal to the phone (proc speed) or are personal preferences. You told people to not buy based on those things and clearly were biased against the phone since you could only come up with one pro. And with that I am done with this...

Lets see so you insult me and then ask me to help you? Yeah I think I'll pass...figure out yourself.

By the way, again YOU had a slow phone others have said theirs is blazingly fast yet you continue to say it wasn't your phone or something you did to the phone. Believe what you want but quit being as ass about it then. You come across as being really pompous...and you DID make a big deal out of the LED. You bought a phone without a feature that you really valued and then you complained that it wasn't there.

No one has really stepped out to call the Gal S phones the best on the market. Its a good quality phone. My GPS doesn't always work, though I made an adjustment today and it locked right in...hopefully it stays that way.
    by the way, here's an example of a few places that called the Incredible the best or one of the best. :
    HTC Incredible Is The Best Smartphone You Can Buy On Verizon
    Review: HTC Droid Incredible lives up to its name - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets - PC World - msnbc.com
    Droid Incredible review -- Engadget

Maybe there are better phones out there now but the Incredible is a top performer. If you liked it, stick with it. My point in refuting you was this:

You listed ONE pro to the phone and then a list of pretty minor things that you didn't like. Many are things that either aren't universal to the phone (proc speed) or are personal preferences. You told people to not buy based on those things and clearly were biased against the phone since you could only come up with one pro. And with that I am done with this...
    Wow i insulted you by saying you dont know anything about phones?? that got you all heated? pls tell me you got a pair cuz you sound like a lil girl...wait are you a female?? I can just see you get all heated and red in the face just from reading my post..wow unbelievable.

If you read back to the first post you replied to..you said i was whining..pls take that back cuz you just insulted me and im sad now...ha! whatever its all good even if you call me an ass and pompous it really doesnt matter..you will have your views about this phone and i will have mine..so pls stop being a tuff guy behind a keyboard.. oh dont bother replyin to this cuz i wont read it..i dont want to be insulted

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links