How much did you pay for your captivate upgrade?

This is a discussion on How much did you pay for your captivate upgrade? within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Originally Posted by SiXes Alright, so tomorrow I am going to go ahead and get a captivate. I have a Backflip, but am too impatient ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your captivate upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by SiXes View Post

Alright, so tomorrow I am going to go ahead and get a captivate. I have a Backflip, but am too impatient to wait for 2.1 from Moto/ATT so.....

Anyway, where would you say the best brick and mortar place would be? I know Best Buy wats 229 USD.....but they also pricematch and since WalMart has it in-store for149, then BB would do 149 -10% right? so is there a better deal than 135.00? TIA
    BB price matches but I don't think they BEAT the price, just match it. You have to be able to show them its available in the store for that amount, they don't price match online deals. So if its in a walmart ad, you are good to go. There are places online where you can get better deals sometimes, like amazon wireless, but they aren't always able to keep your unlimited data plan so it gets a little tricky, be careful there. Also some of those deals you hear online are for NEW customers only, not existing customers that are upgrading.

Just looking at Amazon Wireless and I went through the motions of buying one , they had it for $169 in my zip code as an existing family plan , the rub here is that keeping my unlimited data was NOT an option when selecting a data plan

Data |
    per month
    DataPlus 200MB for Smartphone $15.00
    DataPro 2GB for Smartphone $25.00
    DataPro 2GB for Smartphone Enterprise $40.00
    DataPro 2GB for Smartphone w/ Tethering $45.00
    DataPro 2GB for Smartphone Enterprise w/ Tethering $60.00

Quote Originally Posted by Con5150 View Post
    Just looking at Amazon Wireless and I went through the motions of buying one , they had it for $169 in my zip code as an existing family plan , the rub here is that keeping my unlimited data was NOT an option when selecting a data plan

Data |
    per month
    DataPlus 200MB for Smartphone $15.00
    DataPro 2GB for Smartphone $25.00
    DataPro 2GB for Smartphone Enterprise $40.00
    DataPro 2GB for Smartphone w/ Tethering $45.00
    DataPro 2GB for Smartphone Enterprise w/ Tethering $60.00
    I actually talked someone at Amazon about that issue and they said they are not able to offer the ability to roll your unlimited plan. According to them, most non AT&T place won't be able to, though I was able to at Best Buy when I went there. But yeah if you want to keep your unlimited, Amazon is NOT the place to order.

Hey guys,

I am thinking of buying a captivate, but through AT&T. This would be my first smart phone and i wanted to know if anyone else got 2 of these phones on a plan with at&t and how much they r paying a month? Im thinking of getting the low minute plan the 25 dollar 2 GB data plan and debating on a mid or low text plan. Im trying to see if i can get these phones for a 150 dollar a month plan. I dont really talk that much on the phone (has over 10,000 roll over minutes) and dont text a whole lot either, but i am interested in the fast internet browsing and the fact that AT&T has 20,000 wifi hot spots to do it in for free. Does anyone have a similar plan or pays around the same amount for these phones a month?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Phaser77 View Post
    Hey guys,

I am thinking of buying a captivate, but through AT&T. This would be my first smart phone and i wanted to know if anyone else got 2 of these phones on a plan with at&t and how much they r paying a month? Im thinking of getting the low minute plan the 25 dollar 2 GB data plan and debating on a mid or low text plan. Im trying to see if i can get these phones for a 150 dollar a month plan. I dont really talk that much on the phone (has over 10,000 roll over minutes) and dont text a whole lot either, but i am interested in the fast internet browsing and the fact that AT&T has 20,000 wifi hot spots to do it in for free. Does anyone have a similar plan or pays around the same amount for these phones a month?

Thanks,
    Couple thoughts for you:
    1. You can only keep the same amount of roll over minutes as you have in your plan. So if you go with a 1000 min plan you lose the rest of your roll over minutes.
    2. If you don't text a lot, go with the small plan...you can always change it mid month if you need to. There is an app you can get on your phone that will allow you to change your data and text and stuff right on your phone.
    3. I haven't used an AT&T hotspot yet, but I use my wifi at home ALL the time.

Thanks for the response trevor,

I Knew id lose all my roll over minutes when i go to a new plan but if i hardly talk on the phone ill get those roll over minutes stacking up again with another plan. Im hoping that if i get 2 new captivates on a plan (one for me and my g/f), that ill hopefully pay around or below 150 bucks a month. Is this a reasonable price? Does anyone have a similar monthly price for 2 captivate smart phones through AT&t? I figure low minute plan low to mid text plan but unlimited data plan would get me to this monthly price.

Just going off memory here, so I may be a little inaccurate, but let's look at it this way:

50.00 for the 2 data plans
    99.99 for the 2 lines of service (89.99 for 1400 minutes + 10.00 for the second line)

you are at your goal, but then you will need to add texting and junk fees. Can you do less minutes? 550 is only about 70 for 2 lines, so theres 30 bucks a month saved right there.
    Google voice will help you tremendously as well. Use all the minutes you want and text as much as you want for the very fair cost of $0.00
    It uses data, but if you're on wifi most of the time then you can really help yourself out with this and then you can get the cheap texting plan for only 5$ per line.
    If you see these things aren't working for you then you can always just bump up to the next tier mid-plan like trevor said.

So in short, yes, it's a reasonable price to expect. One thing to keep in mind though: AT&T no longer offers unilimited data plans, so you are looking at 2gb a month instead. I don't see a problem with this though as I use my phone all the time ALL the time I say! and even forget to turn my wifi back on a lot when I get home and was hitting under 500 megs when I was 3 days from the end of my month.

I spoke with an At&t customer service rep today, and asked how much it would be if i upgraded to 2 Samsung captivates. He said they would charge me a discounted price of $199.00 per phone and with the 2GB data plan, 550 minute plan and an unlimited texting plan that i would be paying $140.00 a month not including tax. I guess i have to pay full price for both phones because i didnt start a new 2 year contract, instead i would be upgrading during my old one. Im at 1 year and 6 months on my 2 year contract now.

199 IS the renewal/new price for the captivate at AT&T, and technically, since you are not 20 months in, they would charge you 75 MORE $ as an early upgrade per phone. Sounds like since you are upgrading 2 and adding features they are cutting you a break, and a pretty decent one at that. Now comes the deep-into-yourself part....take the deal offered, or wait 4 months and get it cheaper somewhere else? :D I know what I would do.....I have no patience....

also, remember what I said about google voice. if you don't have a gv account yet I will see if I have some invites if it's still closed. Let me know.

Ive seen amazon selling these phones for 50 dollars for new customers and $100.00 for existing customers. Ive always bought phones straight through the carrier and never through places like Amazon. How does this work with at&t plans and warranty's? If something happens to the phone and u need to return it for whatever reason do u have to send back to amazon or can u do it through at&t? I would think you cant send it back through at&t if u got it through amazon right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links