How much did you pay for your captivate upgrade?

This is a discussion on How much did you pay for your captivate upgrade? within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Alright, so tomorrow I am going to go ahead and get a captivate. I have a Backflip, but am too impatient to wait for 2.1 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your captivate upgrade?

How much did you pay for your captivate upgrade?

Alright, so tomorrow I am going to go ahead and get a captivate. I have a Backflip, but am too impatient to wait for 2.1 from Moto/ATT so.....

Anyway, where would you say the best brick and mortar place would be? I know Best Buy wats 229 USD.....but they also pricematch and since WalMart has it in-store for149, then BB would do 149 -10% right? so is there a better deal than 135.00? TIA

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Doesn't LetsTalk do the upgrade for $99? That's where I got mine from..

Ph8
    Walmart\Lets Talk has it for $99. There is currently a $25 off coupon that you can use when getting a phone and a plan (includes upgrades). I paid $83.xx shipped for my phone and a charger. I was too slow to get the phone when it was offered for free, but im not upset getting it for ~$83 still cheaper than ATT directly. If you talking off contract price right now there are a few FAN accounts that have it for ~280 or so, I know mine is showing $372 for the off contract price.

I got the lets talk upgrade for $0 before they ended that offer.

$99.00 with free car charger with free over night air express from Texas

Indeed let's talk has them for $99. Best buy wouldn't price match on this phone, which is a shame since they want $30 more than even the AT&T store, so being the impatient soul that I am I went to wal mart and got it for $148.88. Worth every penny :D

Seriously thinking about getting this phone , what did you do with your Backflip once you got the Captivate?

Also on Lets Talk site there are three buying options.....

Buy w/New Service Plan
    Upgrade w/Contract Extension
    Buy Phone Only

In April I got the Backflip after my contract with AT&T had expired , so I'm just starting the new two year plan....which option do I buy using Lets Talk....not going with the "Buy Phone Only"......how would it work with at&t?

The first two options are the same price $89

Reading the Guidlines I am worried that I would lose my Legacy data plans

Carrier Guidelines

The following are AT&T and LetsTalk's requirements for a upgrade purchases:
    •If you are at least twenty-two (22) months into a two year contract.

•If your Monthly Recurring Cost (MRC) per line is $99.99 or greater, you are at least twelve (12) months into your contract and have not had an upgrade in the past twelve (12) months

•If your Monthly Recurring Cost (MRC) per line is between $69.99 and $99.98, you are at least twenty one (21) months into your contract and have not had an upgrade in the past twenty one (21) months

•Your account must be in good financial standing, and must not be past due.

•Monthly Recurring Cost (MRC) is based on a three month average of your rate plan plus selected data features

•You agree to extend your contract for two years from the date of your order.

Special Note for upgrading customers purchasing Smartphones:
    •If you are purchasing a Smartphone (BlackBerry, Android OS phone, Windows Mobile or Palm WebOS phone) you must also upgrade to current $15/200mb or $25/2GB data features offered by AT&T.

•If you wish to maintain one of the legacy $30/Unlimited-5GB soft cap smartphone data plans, LetsTalk may not be able to fulfill your order unless you are switching data plan types. Below are some examples:

-You are upgrading and currently have an iPhone data plan, but are upgrading to an Android OS or BlackBerry smartphone, you could still purchase a legacy $30/Unlimited-5GB soft cap data plan.

-You are upgrading and currently have an BlackBerry Enterprise data plan, but now you only need a BlackBerry Personal Data plan, then you could still purchase one of the legacy $30/Unlimited-5GB soft cap data plan.

Note: Eligibility results may vary based on a variety of conditions such as usage history, payment record and previous phone replacement, to name a few.
    Please note that pricing for upgrades may vary based upon whether you are upgrading the primary line on your account or a secondary line.*

Quote Originally Posted by Con5150 View Post
    Seriously thinking about getting this phone , what did you do with your Backflip once you got the Captivate?

Also on Lets Talk site there are three buying options.....

Buy w/New Service Plan
    Upgrade w/Contract Extension
    Buy Phone Only

In April I got the Backflip after my contract with AT&T had expired , so I'm just starting the new two year plan....which option do I buy using Lets Talk....not going with the "Buy Phone Only"......how would it work with at&t?

The first two options are the same price $89

Reading the Guidlines I am worried that I would lose my Legacy data plans
    AT&T would extend your contract period to last for another two years from the date you changed to the Captivate and they would probably allow you to keep your legacy data plan depending on your data usage history.

Now, that's when you go through AT&T directly to do the upgrade. Going through Let's Talk with AT&T 'appears' to be the same but you would need to confirm that.

You should talk with the Let's Talk customer service representative.

Cheers Lendal , gotta be careful, thanks for the heads up.

LetsTalk required me to update my data plan when I got mine. I was originally on a Tilt2/Touch Pro 2 with unlimited data.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links