Captivate issue. Random shutdowns.

This is a discussion on Captivate issue. Random shutdowns. within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Something like this happened to me today. My phone was about half charged. All of a sudden it cycled itself off, then restarted, and it ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Captivate issue. Random shutdowns.

Me too, sort of

Something like this happened to me today. My phone was about half charged. All of a sudden it cycled itself off, then restarted, and it did this repeatedly for several minutes. Finally I removed the battery, waited a few minutes, replaced it, and restarted the phone. It's been back to normal since then.

I installed the new update a couple of days ago. I wonder whether the update may be to blame.

It's not the update. Mine did it prior to the update, as did most.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

mine is also doing the same thing.I didn't put together that it was only on a full battery but now that you mention it it is worse in thee mourning and afternoon when I recharge it. Well samsung any ideas what's causing this

I have the same issues with the Captivate and went through Galaxy S tech support to do a full clear data and reset; with the SIM card out, to fix the problem of the phone shutting down. What they told me and it makes sense is that the APPS you down load may not have been tested and verified that it functions well with any smart phones (Android Operating System), once I removed all the downloaded APPS the problem went away and I downloaded APPS I felt were reliable ones, like the Droid AntiVirus, AT&T Wireless Mobile, Quickoffice Update, Barcode Scanner and Advance Task Killer (Free). I also discovered so far that when I use "Flight Mode" and turn the phone off and then back on, there's a SIM icon with a red exclamation point, letting you know that it has a lock function on the SIM card. Once you put your password in the icon does not go away until you turn the phone off, then back on to clear it. "I personally feel that once you put the correct password in the icon should go away but it doesn't". I realized there is a sequence of how I go in and out of flight mode to avoid the SIM icon issue and that's to not turn the phone off first while in "Flight Mode" but to turn off "Flight Mode" before I turn off the phone and the SIM icon does immediately goes away. The other issue i had was the phone self re-booting and only occurred while the SIM icon was displayed, this might be an operating system function until you clear the icon. So it appears that the correct protocol anytime you have a SIM icon displayed or the phone does not have a wireless signal after unlocking the SIM card is to first unlock the SIM card to remove the icon and turn the phone off then on each time.

You can try "Captivate Keep Alive" in the market if you are experiencing the full-battery shutdown problem, it should solve it for you though it is mostly a workaround. In the interest of full disclosure I'm the developer, but it's free so it's not like I'm selling something here.

I am experiencing the shutdown issue when my captivate goes into standby. I noticed that this issue only occurs when the phone is fully charged. I saw this workaround on another post, and thought I would share it here.

its free in the market place and is called captivate keep alive. I just downloaded it and will test it today. All reviews seem to be positive.

Captivate Keep Alive - Android app on AppBrain

The captivate keep alive written by bscode works great. i haven't had anymore shutdown issues since installing it.

I'm glad Captivate Keep Alive is working for you guys, just remember to try to keep the threshold as high as you can without shutdowns. It seems different for everyone but the higher you have it set the less battery life the keep alive will eat.

Michael.

I had the same issue. I figured the issue was do to a recent app I downloaded. Indeed it was. I uninstalled all previous apps I have downloaded since the issues started. Which resolved the issue. and the app was from the market place.

Random Captivate / Galaxy S Power down / power off

My phone does the same damn annoying thing. I thought it was just me, maybe the way my phone sits in my pocket. But then it dropped power while I was using it. It drops power overnight, everynight even while plugged in and recharging. I told ATT about it (I even pay the extra $5 a month 'insurance' like a sucker), but they refuse to admit it is a phone problem, and they are sending me a new battery instead. In addition to this horse pucky, my GPS doesnt work either, and ATT said they dont have jurisdiction over that problem, that i need to contact Samsung immediately. I paid alot of mony for this POS, I am angy, and neither ATT nor Samsung seems to care to admit there is a systemic problem nor to give realy customer service.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links