Captivate issue. Random shutdowns.

This is a discussion on Captivate issue. Random shutdowns. within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Eureka !! My random shut off problem is fixed!! The problem was that my battery was too loose. When it was warm from charging or ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Captivate issue. Random shutdowns.

Eureka !! My random shut off problem is fixed!! The problem was that my battery was too loose. When it was warm from charging or heavy use it worked fine but as soon as it cooled off the battery must have shrank every so slightly and just enough to break the connection. I placed a small strip of black electrical tape on the end opposite the contacts and that tighten it up enough that it hasn't shut off in over a week.

WERA689
    Unusual fix, but great detective work! Glad you got it resolved.

Captivate shutdown problem plaguing me and my phone

I've had a Captivate for about two months now, and have had it replaced twice already. Got my third phone today and don't know if the problem has actually gone away or not. AT&T has already replaced the phone and replaced the battery. They seem clueless, like this is a new problem they've never heard of. (I get this response both from the different people I've talked to at the Device Support Center and on the phone when I call 611.) It's quite annoying to have to set my phone up three times now, downloading apps, etc.

I really wish AT&T would own up to this problem and stop selling the phone if they can't fix the problem. I don't want to have to get a fourth (or fifth, or sixth) Captivate, and be dealing with this problem forever. My second Captivate shut down 12 times in the 10 days I was using it. I finally gave up and exchanged it today for my third one. Maybe I'll have no more problems like this. I know someone with the same phone that got theirs when I did, and they haven't had the problem at all.

I treat the phone well, know how to condition a battery, etc. It didn't occur to me to do what a recent poster here suggested, and I'll try making sure the battery is snug. That could be the problem. But if that's all it is, wouldn't AT&T suggest that to folks so they don't have to keep exchanging phones for people? I am sure they MUST know about this! Right?

I never thought about a loose battery but that is brilliant. I got a larger battery and new door from eBay and it fits snugly, just got it today, so maybe that will fix my problem if not out comes the tape. I did also have the problem of the sound going off but pushing on the back of the phone puts it back on but sometimes you have to put a piece of paper under the door to make the battery tight.

Now on my fourth Captivate...

Since posting here last September, I had to replace my phone one more time. I'm now on my FOURTH one, and hopefully there won't be any more! Every one AT&T has given me since the first has been refurbished. Don't believe it when AT&T or Samsung tell you that the problem has been fixed. I think I just got lucky and haven't had any more shutdowns since getting one that finally works (not shutting down randomly).

Yesterday morning I downloaded Captivate Keep Alive and since having it installed I have not had any problems with the phone shutting down. The phone stayed on all night which is a first. I would recommend this app and if it doesn't work just remove it. I am so pleased I will buy the pro version just as a thank you for fixing a major headache.

Captivate random shutdown when standby. I can fix this problem follow:
    1. Up rom continuum 5.5
    2.Fash kernel darkcore 2.4

You can try this way. 100% fixed. My English not good so you can mail: ngaybinhyentn@gmail.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links