Captivate issue. Random shutdowns.

This is a discussion on Captivate issue. Random shutdowns. within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; So mine has done this a couple of times now, and a google search shows me it is indeed a growing concern. Nobody knows exactly ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Captivate issue. Random shutdowns.

Unhappy Captivate issue. Random shutdowns.

So mine has done this a couple of times now, and a google search shows me it is indeed a growing concern. Nobody knows exactly what's causing it yet, mine is not rooted and I am using the stock launcher/home. It happened the second day I had it, it was fully charged and was on standby for maybe 10 mins, I went to unlock but it was off. I powered it on and though I must have accidentally shut it down. A couple of hours later it did the same thing.
    It actually was just off as I typed this post. LOL! Some are thinking it has something to do with a full charge and then sleeping? Maybe so, I don't know, but this issue MUST be fixed! anyone else having this problem? I hate to say it but as much as this phone kicks butt, I will have to return it if there isn't a fix within my 30 day window.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by SiXes View Post

So mine has done this a couple of times now, and a google search shows me it is indeed a growing concern. Nobody knows exactly what's causing it yet, mine is not rooted and I am using the stock launcher/home. It happened the second day I had it, it was fully charged and was on standby for maybe 10 mins, I went to unlock but it was off. I powered it on and though I must have accidentally shut it down. A couple of hours later it did the same thing.
    It actually was just off as I typed this post. LOL! Some are thinking it has something to do with a full charge and then sleeping? Maybe so, I don't know, but this issue MUST be fixed! anyone else having this problem? I hate to say it but as much as this phone kicks butt, I will have to return it if there isn't a fix within my 30 day window.
    I called Samsung tech support and they forwarded me to Samsung Galaxy S Premier support. The tech was really helpful and suggested doing a factory reset by going to you phone keypad and typing in the following:

*2767 *3855 #

I'm not sure if this fixed my problem, but the phone hasn't shutdown on its own in over a week now. Give it a shot if you'd like. Before doing so PLEASE remove your sim card and any SD card you have in the phone. This will completely reset EVERYTHING as if the phone just came from Samsung without going to AT&T yet. Backup anything that you have on your phone.

Let me know if this helps.

Just reset the phone, will update in a few says on if the issue is fixed. *fingers crossed*

Thanks a lot for the info

Nope, has already shut off three times today. Sooo frustrating.

Dang, sorry to hear. I may exchange my phone too just to be safe.

Is the battery loose? You might want to try bracing it by putting a piece of calling card, or other similarly thick piece of paper, over or under the battery to hold it more securely in place.

The battery is tight, even pushed on it trying to separate the contacts while it was on but it didn't budge. The interesting thing about these shutdowns is that they ONLY occur when my phone is charged up. In the morning when I pull it off the charger, as soon as it sleeps it is off, I turn it on, and it will turn right back off when it sleeps. After a few of these it will be fine, so today I plugged it up and charged it back to full to see, and yep, after the battery was solid, it started it again. It's weird. Waiting for some to get back in stock so I can swap it out.

Never heard of this or experienced it. I would take it back to ATT and have them give you a new one. Clearly its a defect.

Angry has it been fixed?

Hello, I read your problem and i started having the same issue , have you been able to get the problem fixed:confused: or did you end up returning the phone?

raj
    I got exactly the same issue. As soon as i start with a full battery the phone turns off by itself in standby. Gradually towards the end of battery the phone behaves normal. I called att and they are sending me another battery. Idk if that wd fix but wd try once i have it in my mailbox.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links