Cleaning Smartphone

This is a discussion on Cleaning Smartphone within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; What is the various ways you are cleaning (especially) the screen on the Captivate Smartphone? Spritzing a soft cotton diaper with a small amount of ...

Thread: Cleaning Smartphone

Question Cleaning Smartphone

What is the various ways you are cleaning (especially) the screen on the Captivate Smartphone?

Spritzing a soft cotton diaper with a small amount of water.................... got to be a way to keep this jewel looking new!

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I would do the same thing you would do to clean expensive glasses or sunglasses...

Quote Originally Posted by Schutzbugel View Post
    What is the various ways you are cleaning (especially) the screen on the Captivate Smartphone?

Spritzing a soft cotton diaper with a small amount of water.................... got to be a way to keep this jewel looking new!

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
    I dunno...

Has it occurred to you that you might be over analyzing this?

When the screen picks up enough finger prints that they're noticeable, I run it gently across my t-shirt in the chest or belly area and that seems to work just fine.

A bonus with that method is that while it apparently removes the finger prints it preserves the transparent, protective coating of oils and grease that's it's picked up from being handled. (By the way, the same method works with eyeglasses, too.)

I'm sure you'll come to terms with the whole cleaning-your-captivate thing eventually. However, if you need to disinfect it for some reason, you might rub it gently with some alcohol (of the rubbing variety, preferably). Although, come to think of it, dipping a napkin in a martini and using that should work about as well.

Hope that helps. Good luck with it!

I know sun glass hut used to sell those sunglass cleaning kits that comes with a cleaning spray and a micro fiber piece of fabric to clean the glasses. Thats what i used for my Vu. Im not sure if sun glass hut is still around though.

I finally found in the Captivate owners/ operations manual (roughly 200 pages) the recommendation for at most a "mild soap/ water", no detergents of course. I tried "Pledge-- Multi Surface" which comes in a 16 oz. spray bottle. Using the "Multi Surface" lightly sprayed on a very soft cotton diaper leaves the screen sparkly clean....................... we'll see over time how that goes. As a bonus it seems to be free of "static cling" and resistant to finger prints............... but time will tell. I'm just sayin. YMMV

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links