whos captivates gps works?

This is a discussion on whos captivates gps works? within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I'm just curious who all have a captivate that has GPS that works? I wanna get one but wanna make sure I'm not buying a ...

Thread: whos captivates gps works?

whos captivates gps works?

I'm just curious who all have a captivate that has GPS that works? I wanna get one but wanna make sure I'm not buying a dud phone. So many people claim the GPS doesn't work.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mine worked great the first few days, then got a little flaky, and now won't get a lock for anything. For such a great device, I am terribly disappointed and am about to just give up and return it.

Keep in mind though, that not everyone is having these issues and you will most definitely hear about problems and almost never hear about people that have perfect ones....nobody stops to shout praise, only complaints

anyway, I'm just frustrated, I may try a new unit or I may just give up and get an Aria or i4.

Causing the GPS cache to clear and start all over from empty seems to fix it for a few days, at least.

Check the xda developers Captivate forum for the latest tips and tricks for the GPS problem.

Here's how to clear the GPS cache:

Call *#*#1472365#*#*
    Choose "delete gps data"
    Go outside to maximize gps lock potential
    Choose "get position test"
    That usually fixes GPS for a few days or so.

If you head over to the XDA forums and poke around a bit, you'll find instructions on how to find and install the new captivate firmware. It's a test build but it looks like it's stable, improves speed, fixes some bugs, and fixes gps for some people. Yes I said some people this is a test build for the upcoming fixes for this phone and it seems very promising from what I have read, although I haven't tried it yet since I'll be swapping my phone out today for the shut down issues.

Oh and Lendal, thx for that but I have had no luck with that fix or any other thus far for gps, though a lot of people report they HAVE had some degree of success, which makes the whole gps shenanigans even more odd abd confusing.

dandroid
    Samsung Announced this yesterday:

http://www.attdroids.com/forum/t-and...ext-month.html

My HTC Tilt alledgedly would triangulate from cellphone towers to supplement the satellites. Does (or will) the Captivate do this?

Quote Originally Posted by OldnSlowStill View Post
    My HTC Tilt alledgedly would triangulate from cellphone towers to supplement the satellites. Does (or will) the Captivate do this?
    Yes, the Captivate features "a-gps" which guides the actual gps chip in finding a lock quicker, but as there are firmware/driver issues with the brand new chip Samsung chose to use, it does not help much in terms of navigation and exercise apps. The fix is coming, and based on the specs of the chip, I look for it to outperform my Nexus 1's gps once implemented correctly...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Mine doesn't work.... Takes for ever to lock a position.

Mine is a little slower than I'd like, but it works fine.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links