Apprehensive about rooting

This is a discussion on Apprehensive about rooting within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I really like the Captivate but HATE the A&T bloatware. I just need some prodding to go ahead and root. I've only had the phone ...

Thread: Apprehensive about rooting

Apprehensive about rooting

I really like the Captivate but HATE the A&T bloatware. I just need some prodding to go ahead and root. I've only had the phone for three days and told myself I wouldn't mod it until I've had it for 30 days..... but find myself wanting to trash the unwanted apps and open up the market. Suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you feel like rooting to delete the bloatware..Go ahead. I've rooted, and it's really easy. Plus, if you ever want to go back, you can use Odin3 One-Click Recovery to go back to stock.

If you root, do you have to put everything back to how you have it now? Meaning downloading all your apps and stuff like that? What happens to your pictures and texts and stuff?

nothing....rooting is essentially installing an app that then allows super user access (root access) for applications requesting it (thus, allowing titanium backup to uninstall the bloatware). none of your data is lost, moved, or changed in any way.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links