A few things to share since I swapped out my phone

This is a discussion on A few things to share since I swapped out my phone within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Right, so my phone would do the random shutdown thing and the gps wouldn't work worth poo so I swapped it for a new one ...

Thread: A few things to share since I swapped out my phone

A few things to share since I swapped out my phone

Right, so my phone would do the random shutdown thing and the gps wouldn't work worth poo so I swapped it for a new one last week. So far, it feels like a different phone in some respects. It powers on to it's full usable state faster, it doesn't shut down unless I tell it to, and the gps has been working great. It seems a little snapper navigating through it as well, but I don't think Samsung changed anything?

Someone reported that they were told the firmware in initial release captivates was corrupt but they fixed it, someone else argued they didn't because the firmware version is the same. I argue that while I have no idea, it's entirely possible they fixed the firmware, didn't change it, thus it kept it's same version number.

My point is if you're having issues, swap it out. If you're past 30 days, you STILL have the 1 year warranty, so call AT&T and just get it done, you will be a lot happier with your device.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by SiXes View Post
    Right, so my phone would do the random shutdown thing and the gps wouldn't work worth poo so I swapped it for a new one last week. So far, it feels like a different phone in some respects. It powers on to it's full usable state faster, it doesn't shut down unless I tell it to, and the gps has been working great. It seems a little snapper navigating through it as well, but I don't think Samsung changed anything?

Someone reported that they were told the firmware in initial release captivates was corrupt but they fixed it, someone else argued they didn't because the firmware version is the same. I argue that while I have no idea, it's entirely possible they fixed the firmware, didn't change it, thus it kept it's same version number.

My point is if you're having issues, swap it out. If you're past 30 days, you STILL have the 1 year warranty, so call AT&T and just get it done, you will be a lot happier with your device.
    I think I just need to do this. My phone has been kinda laggy and the GPS doesn't work AT ALL. I called into AT&T and they know NOTHING about this phone, its so frustrating.

I ended up swapping mine out and I can confirm this is true. The newer builds are faster and more stable than the release day shipments.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links