Captivate is now 1 CENT!!

This is a discussion on Captivate is now 1 CENT!! within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I'm seeing free for new users, $19 for upgrades... Try this link if it isn't working......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Captivate is now 1 CENT!!

I'm seeing free for new users, $19 for upgrades...
    Try this link if it isn't working...

If you are a Costco member they have $100 off coupon going on right now for new contracts and upgrades. I don't know the total cost but my guess it would be in the $49-$99 range.

It seems like 90% of the cellphone sales engines out there are a flavor of LetsTalk.com. There are so many tiers of pricing that every vendor can adjust.

The cheapest phones typically go to first time buyers getting into a brand new contract.
    Then, someone upgrading an individual account.
    Then, someone upgrading a family account on the principle line.
    Finally, someone upgrading a family account on a 2nd+ line.

As a principle on a family account, I found the Captivate on eBay by searching "Samsung Captivate Upgrade". There are two suppliers - one that lists at 8.99 then charges 69.99 and another who charges 9.99 then has an additional 4.99 charge. That's the one I went with. Total? $14.98. Catch? You can ONLY upgrade one phone at that price. It CAN be the principle or a 2nd+ line, but ONLY one. Additional Captivates go for $79. But when I called and talked to him about adding 2-day air (for $8), I was able to upgrade my wife to a Blackberry Torch for free. Totally free - including shipping.

Check it out. I researched for weeks before my contract allowed me to upgrade, and I don't think I could have got a better deal.

Note: If you are interested, I can send you a link to the website of the guy that I bought from if you PM me.

I got it for 1 cent on Amazon wireless last week. Was an upgrade with 2 year extension to non-primary phone on existing family plan. No problems at all! So far pretty happy but for the usual issues (1) USB cable loose - yes, I have the door all the way open; (2) No voice dialing; (3) battery life.

I'll have to check with my dad. It says $20 for an upgrade but if you choose plan options, it's only $20 for a primary line upgrade, and for other lines it is $180. When I switched to AT&T around June, my dad already had an unlocked 3GS for T-Mobile, and uses that as his AT&T phone. So does this mean that I can use his line and upgrade to Captivate for $20? (I assume his line is the primary since he is the one who deals with all the phone stuff)

Or do we have some sort of upgrade option with AT&T already since he never got a new phone when we switched?

That's great... I just purchased mine from wirefly a few weeks ago for $19.99, love the phone, but looking for more info on batteries, which doesn't seem to be plentiful.

Quote Originally Posted by timbuk2 View Post
    That's great... I just purchased mine from wirefly a few weeks ago for $19.99, love the phone, but looking for more info on batteries, which doesn't seem to be plentiful.
    Not sure what battery info you are looking for but basically there is stock, aftermarket (which may or may not be as good as stock) and one brand of extended seidioonline.com that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmom View Post
    I got it for 1 cent on Amazon wireless last week. Was an upgrade with 2 year extension to non-primary phone on existing family plan. No problems at all! So far pretty happy but for the usual issues (1) USB cable loose - yes, I have the door all the way open; (2) No voice dialing; (3) battery life.
    That's odd, I stopped buying from Amazon because they told me they would NOT do family plan upgrades. Perhaps they've made recent changes.

Quote Originally Posted by rahlquist View Post
    Not sure what battery info you are looking for but basically there is stock, aftermarket (which may or may not be as good as stock) and one brand of extended seidioonline.com that I know of.
    Just battery info in general. Terrible battery life, all the ways that sometimes seems to help and often seems not to. Which after market batteries are decent, like with user ratings & reviews, which there seem to be very little of. Also getting more difficult to trust user reviews as it's pretty obvious that some are working for the man. I was stunned to see that the seidio was much higher than the factory battery. Not interested in making my phone thicker or paying $75 for a battery. I can guy a good battery for the car for that. ;-) I've had decent luck with some generic replacement batteries before, but more often not. Reviews seem to quite mixed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links