How do I sync my Captivate with Outlook?

This is a discussion on How do I sync my Captivate with Outlook? within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Originally Posted by deb410s Went to sync my phone yesterday with Kies and got a error MainTable stopped working. So I downloaded the new version ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I sync my Captivate with Outlook?

Quote Originally Posted by deb410s View Post
    Went to sync my phone yesterday with Kies and got a error MainTable stopped working. So I downloaded the new version of Kies and now it does not recognize my device.This is so frustrating! There has got to be a easier way to get my calendar from my phone to Outlook. Anyone got any bright ideas???
    Do all of your calendar stuff (on the phone) with your Google Calendar and then sync it with Outlook

Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

Haven't tried it personally, but it looks pretty straightforward.

As @jmgtr8 said, you can find a complete list of all available sync software at www.syncdroid.net. There they have a chart that lists the software, what Outlook items are synced by that software, how it syncs (USB, wireless, Wi-Fi), the price (many free), and an overview of each software.

You have not mentioned what you want to sync in Outlook, but most people just want to sync calendar and contacts. If so, MyPhoneExplorer has excellent reviews and uses Wi-Fi and USB. If you want different options, then check out the chart at Syncdroid and find the one that is right for you!

In addition to the various solutions for syncing with Outlook, there also are solutions for syncing with other content. I have had good luck using the recently upgraded “Documents-to-go” from DataViz to sync Office documents, such as Excel files, between my Captivate and PC. Documents To Go for Android Smartphones: Word and Excel on your Android Smartphone.
    Jim

I did It!! Outlook to GMAIL to Captivate!!!

In Outlook, go to "File" amd choose "Importing and Exporting" Tab. Find "Export" and select "Comma Separated Values(DOS)". Next, choose "Contacts" and note where the file will be stored or put onto your Destop, click Next and that part is done.

Now log into Gmail and go to "Contacts" - then, go to "More Actions" tab. Find the Import Tab and follow the instructions to copy the new file you made from Outlook. Once the file is in GMAIL, then tell you phone to sync your contacts and BINGO!!!

I downloaded Companion Link and Deja Office and now can SUCCESSFULLY sync to Outlook 2010!!!!
    I don't know why but today I tried and everything synced like it should have all along...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links