How do I sync my Captivate with Outlook?

This is a discussion on How do I sync my Captivate with Outlook? within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I downloaded Samsung Kies but my device will not show up when I plug it into laptop via USB. Is there anyother way to sync ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I sync my Captivate with Outlook?

How do I sync my Captivate with Outlook?

I downloaded Samsung Kies but my device will not show up when I plug it into laptop via USB. Is there anyother way to sync to Outlook?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I believe Google has a sync program that you can run on your PC that will allow you to sync Outlook with your phone (or at least sync it with Google which you can then sync with your phone). Also, did you make sure that your phone is set to "KIES" mode?
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

To get Kies to recognize phone and connect when it is plugged in via USB, try reloading Kies drivers. Also, connecting seems more reliable when the phone is powered on and fully booted (sleeping seems to be OK), not powered off.

I have been able use Kies to sync Outlook contacts (except for contact photos and categories) but not Outlook calendars. There are various other syncing applications (See list at: Home | syncdroid.net - because Androids need a good Outlook sync), but I have not yet tried anything but Kies. Good luck and please pass on anything you try that works.

Sync your Captivate

This is the latest bit of Insanity. First of I Love my Captivate but I just called Samsung and they do not have ANY software to Sync your captivate with Outlook for US phones. That is ABSOLUTELY stupid betond belief!! Just because of this I may need to return phone till they come out with something. They stated that if I use KIES that it will void my warranty. What a load of crap. When I installed the phone it prompted me to download Kies Mini and that is only for firmware updates. Any thoughts Any good programs to sync with?

If only someone had mentioned some possible solutions to your question in this thread... hmmm.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Haha.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

I am using Samsung Keis and syncing with Outlook. It is syncing my calender with out 2 many error. I had to check the Keis box on my phone before it would connect but after that it is all good.

Kies, not the latest version, trashed my Outlook pst files so am reluctant to try it again. There are several proprietary solutions for syncing Captivate with Outlook; the one we now use is a two-stage process. First, Outlook is synced with gmail using gsincit.ext, which cost about $15. Next, gmail is synced with Captivate using native sync facilities of the phone. Either or both steps can be set to occur transparently in the background. This has worked OK for past few weeks.

If you're just looking to sync contact, why not just export them into .csv file, import them into a Gmail account and just sync them that way? I do my contacts and calendars with Gmail and that way I always have them backed up "in the cloud" in case anything blows up on my computer or phone.

Went to sync my phone yesterday with Kies and got a error MainTable stopped working. So I downloaded the new version of Kies and now it does not recognize my device.This is so frustrating! There has got to be a easier way to get my calendar from my phone to Outlook. Anyone got any bright ideas???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links