Captivate, White pages, caller ID

This is a discussion on Captivate, White pages, caller ID within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Does anyone use the white pages? What does "caller ID expired" mean? Does it mean it's coming from a cell phone? Why aren't names (except ...

Thread: Captivate, White pages, caller ID

Captivate, White pages, caller ID

Does anyone use the white pages? What does "caller ID expired" mean? Does it mean it's coming from a cell phone?

Why aren't names (except those on your own cell) kept in the call log if they have a name on caller ID?

What is in the "paid app" White pages that isn't in the free ap?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The free one is add supported the paid one is not i use white/yellow pages from the market 10 times better and it's free

I'm presuming that you are talking about this app. From the description, the free version only allows a 6-day trial for the CallerID function. The paid version allows 6 months of CallerID, and you can then purchase a renewal key for an additional 6 months.

It sounds like a complete waste of money if you ask me. Whitepages is very spotty when it comes to having up to date information, and unless the user supplies it themselves, cell phone numbers and such aren't included. Also, judging by the comments it seems that it usually doesn't even display the information until after the call has ended (I'm guessing this is a CDMA/EV-DO network issue, though if you have Edge only, it would affect you as well, since Edge and EV-DO cannot be used while voice is in use).
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links