OK... few days left on my 30 day trial with Captivate...

This is a discussion on OK... few days left on my 30 day trial with Captivate... within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; So I posted this as well on the official ATT Samsung forum, but you know I do like all the help I can get.... OK, ...

Thread: OK... few days left on my 30 day trial with Captivate...

OK... few days left on my 30 day trial with Captivate...

So I posted this as well on the official ATT Samsung forum, but you know I do like all the help I can get....

OK, so my last days are coming up on my 30 day trial period with the captivate. Now the hard sell, need some convincing from the crowd on keeping this over selling out to the dark side and getting the Iphone. I like this phone but without the "official" Froyo concerned Samsung/ATT will drop us like a bad habit and move on to another phone leaving us with 2.1 and no updates. I may be pessimistic here but at least I know that with the Iphone the uproar would be that much more with the amount of users on that one Phone. With Samsung or any Driod maker they keep coming out with new phones so what makes this one a safe pick they will keep us rolling for years to come. I know I can download the Beta Froyo but don't want to really, want to know I am getting the best phone I can with AT&T... So please convince me on keeping this before I make that dreadful walk down the green mile back to the AT&T Store and change over to the Iphone...

Thanks for any support, good or bad, just was hoping for honest opinions if you have time.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    The Galaxy S series of phones will be community supported for QUITE a while. Promise. They all have the same internals, save for the cellular radio type, and since you have AT&T's GSM version, you'll be fine. Samsung will deliver a 2.2 ROM. And likely the community will thrown in Gingerbread support once it's out. I say definitely keep the Captivate. It's the only phone in AT&T's whole lineup that's better than the iPhone, especially hardware wise.

Thanks Dorian! That helps alot. Like in this world we live in this should be my biggest stress... pretty sad for me...

Take if from a guy that has both an iPhone and the Captivate, keep the Captivate. In my experience they both do the same things, have basically the same apps, and they both do what they do very well.

In the end the capabilities are pretty much the same. In that area I can’t find a difference between the two phones.

I can’t find a single thing that the iPhone does that I can’t do on my Galaxy S. However, I can do things to my Captivate that I would need to jailbreak my iPhone to do. I like to tinker and Android OS allows me to do that much easier.

My Captivate is faster, has a much larger screen (my 48 year old eyes are liking that one ), and is much, much more customizable.

For me the Captivate is the better of the two phones (my wife is not using the iPhone). My 2 FWIW. :D

Mike

I concur with the above posters. While I harbor no hate towards iPhones, I sincerely think Android is the superior choice if you want flexibility and customization on top of your basic phone/audio/apps experience. 2.2 is about to drop btw, people are running it on their captivates right now.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links