life after 2.2 flash

This is a discussion on life after 2.2 flash within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I recently upgraded to 2.2 from 2.1. My videos are slow and sluggish. anybody?.....anybody?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: life after 2.2 flash

life after 2.2 flash

I recently upgraded to 2.2 from 2.1. My videos are slow and sluggish. anybody?.....anybody?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Can't say I've seen anything like it. What 2.2 are you using?? Mine can play high profile 720p flawlessly... and I'm on Cognition 2.2B9.

not sure which 2.2 I am using I just followed the recently posted instructions, I'm beginning to think It might be my server, things have improved dramatically since then. I do have another problem though, ever since I installed the 2.2, kies cannot recognize my device (it actually says "kies does not support this device")

KIES I don't believe really supports the Captivate even on 2.1. I believe there is a lite version which can be used for updates/upgrades, but unless they've put out a new version, the Captivate isn't fully supported at this time with KIES.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by bigchune22 View Post
    not sure which 2.2 I am using I just followed the recently posted instructions, I'm beginning to think It might be my server, things have improved dramatically since then. I do have another problem though, ever since I installed the 2.2, kies cannot recognize my device (it actually says "kies does not support this device")
    Ugh. Kies. If you know how to flash a ROM (which isn't very complicated for the Captivate), then Kies is just something you should never have to use. I'd recommend you try looking into the Cognition 2.2 build. It's VERY good. The dev has removed all the AT&T crap, and integrated his own custom kernel, and the VooDoo lagfix is integrated also.

I used the "leaked official" update, and so far so good. Well, aside from picture and video messaging. I can receive, but not send. I can send normal text messages fine. Watching videos works fine for me.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Nophix View Post
    I used the "leaked official" update, and so far so good. Well, aside from picture and video messaging. I can receive, but not send. I can send normal text messages fine. Watching videos works fine for me.
    Look for APN settings. Something is wrong with your APN settings if it has to do with sending/receiving MMS.

Looks like I'm programmed to WAP.CINGULAR.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    On that note I suggest that you look into Cognition's ROM's. If you want to go that route, I can help you get it on your captivate if you think you may have issues. Overall its simple as 3.14.

Quote Originally Posted by bigchune22 View Post
    I do have another problem though, ever since I installed the 2.2, kies cannot recognize my device (it actually says "kies does not support this device")
    That's because Cognition 2.2 beta 8 and up I believe all have the same device ID. You have to flash to stock, get your device ID using Android ID Changer (free on market) and then flash Cognition again, then use the included ID Changer (2.3 and up) to change it to your original device ID. This has been known to solve market lag issues as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links