unlimited data/texting plan carry over

This is a discussion on unlimited data/texting plan carry over within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; One more time, If you have an Unlimited Data plan prior to November 1st 2009, You DO NOT have to change it. Sorry if some ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: unlimited data/texting plan carry over

Junior Member straw55_attdroids's Avatar
    One more time, If you have an Unlimited Data plan prior to November 1st 2009, You DO NOT have to change it. Sorry if some of the people that work for AT&T told you that, and made you change, Call Customer Care and tell them to look and see if you had it, and I'd would say that probably 90% of you could get it back, I did do some research at work today.

I just upgraded from a iPhone 2g to the Captivate on ATT. I got to keep my unlimited data plan, but it is costing $10 more a month. I lost my 200 messages that was included in the package for the 2g and had to upgrade to the $10/1000 messages plan. It was explained to me at the ATT store where I purchased the Captivate, that the messages weren't offered inside the data plan for the 3g and the $5/200 message plan that I was hoping to get is not being offered anymore. So, all in all, my new Samsung Captivate will cost me $20 more per month. Should the messaging part have been grandfathered in also?

Quote Originally Posted by brendalb View Post
    I just upgraded from a iPhone 2g to the Captivate on ATT. I got to keep my unlimited data plan, but it is costing $10 more a month. I lost my 200 messages that was included in the package for the 2g and had to upgrade to the $10/1000 messages plan. It was explained to me at the ATT store where I purchased the Captivate, that the messages weren't offered inside the data plan for the 3g and the $5/200 message plan that I was hoping to get is not being offered anymore. So, all in all, my new Samsung Captivate will cost me $20 more per month. Should the messaging part have been grandfathered in also?
    No, because you're not upgrading to another iPhone so AT&T wants you to change your plans to get you up to date with the newest provided plans.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links