unlimited data/texting plan carry over

This is a discussion on unlimited data/texting plan carry over within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; ok, so I have a pantech phone right now and I want to change to a captivate and I was wondering if it was possible ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: unlimited data/texting plan carry over

unlimited data/texting plan carry over

ok, so I have a pantech phone right now and I want to change to a captivate and I was wondering if it was possible with at&t if I could change my plan to unlimited data/texting before I get my phone and have that plan carry over. Would this be possible? thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

It should be possible, but you'll need to contact ATT to know for sure.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

alright, cool, thanks for your help.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    If you plan on getting the Captivate with a new contract, you'll have to change your plan to fit the Captivate. If you change it now to unlimited data/msg then it will get modified when you sign/consent to the new contract. You'll have to change to a new Data Plus/Pro plan, but I think messaging is agnostic of which phone you have.

is getting a new contract the same as an upgrade?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by ztrainjetsfan View Post
    is getting a new contract the same as an upgrade?
    If you upgrade and take the subsidy discount on a new or refurb phone, yes.

Junior Member straw55_attdroids's Avatar
    I work at AT&T and yes you are grandfathered in w/unlimited data but if YOU change it to DataPlus/Pro it you will not be able to go back to unlimited, If you currently have a plan w/unlimited data and txt when you upgrade you are changeing nothing but the phone. It will be an $18.00 upgrade fee if you are currently eligible. New plan/new customers do not have unlimited data plan option now

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by straw55 View Post
    I work at AT&T and yes you are grandfathered in w/unlimited data but if YOU change it to DataPlus/Pro it you will not be able to go back to unlimited, If you currently have a plan w/unlimited data and txt when you upgrade you are changeing nothing but the phone. It will be an $18.00 upgrade fee if you are currently eligible. New plan/new customers do not have unlimited data plan option now
    IDK? Contract renewal with a new subsidized phone requires one of the new plans, no?

Junior Member straw55_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    IDK? Contract renewal with a new subsidized phone requires one of the new plans, no?

It's price at the stores are $199, that's what I saw today, I bought mine outright, so if you have a plan already, it would be $199 + $18.00 upgrade fee, + tax, of course. cheapest way if you get new plan would be 450 ind. nation plan plus either 200 MG data @ $15. or 2 GB data @ $25., You upgrade you still get subsidized price, new 2 year contract w/the the same plan and features, unless you want to change them.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by straw55 View Post
    It's price at the stores are $199, that's what I saw today, I bought mine outright, so if you have a plan already, it would be $199 + $18.00 upgrade fee, + tax, of course. cheapest way if you get new plan would be 450 ind. nation plan plus either 200 MG data @ $15. or 2 GB data @ $25., You upgrade you still get subsidized price, new 2 year contract w/the the same plan and features, unless you want to change them.
    If I call AT&crap and I find out that you're correct, I'm going to be VERY angry. That was not what I was told when I upgraded, as they forced me to get an updated data plan. They told me that to get the phone I wanted, and to get it with a subsidy, I had to change to the new plans. If I could have kept my Unlimited plan, and still upgraded, I'm giving AT&T a visit tomorrow, and I WILL leave there with the plan they strong-arm'd me out of.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads