A "Howdy" to my fellow Captives and a couple of questions..

This is a discussion on A "Howdy" to my fellow Captives and a couple of questions.. within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I just got my Captivate last SAT. (13 NOV) as a replacement for my trusty Razor, and so far it's pretty cool. Just a couple ...

Thread: A "Howdy" to my fellow Captives and a couple of questions..

A "Howdy" to my fellow Captives and a couple of questions..

I just got my Captivate last SAT. (13 NOV) as a replacement for my trusty Razor, and so far it's pretty cool. Just a couple of issues I need help with. Now, I'm sure these are covered elsewhere on this site, but my brains are too addled from the monster pain killers I'm taking to keep me sane before my kidney cancer removal surgery this WED. (24 NOV) for me to do a coherent search. So I'd really appreciate any help y'all can give me in resolving my probs.

First, where do I save my Star Trek communicator beep mp3 so I can set it as my voice call ringtone?

Second, how big pixel X pixel wise and file-size wise does an image have to be to fit properly centered as a wallpaper?

And lastly, how do I get rid of these bloody damn adverts?? I know I haven't D/L'd any ad-supported apps, so it's got to be some of AT&T/Google's pre-loaded horse-crap. Is there an "Ad Block Plus" type app for the Droid OS like I have in Firefox on my main 'puter @ home, or something else I can do??

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hiya and welcome!

480x800 pixels for your image.

Put your ringtone in the ringtones folder and it'll show up with the others.

I've never seen any ads yet. That's odd. Anyone else?

I wish you much luck with your operation and I hope everything turns out great!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Actually for images that scroll with the different panels, you need 960x800 wallpapers.

For ads, try this. That's blocking ads from the most fundamental level.

Woops, thanks Dorian, I thought it just used the native screen resolution.

WERA689
    Wishing you well with your surgery from here as well. Let us know how it went on the other side, ok?

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Why is everyone telling me that it should be 980x800 ?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Because you have several homescreens and the wallpaper scrolls a bit as you scroll through the homescreens. The resolution of the phone is 480x800 so to accommodate the scrolling wallpapers, 960x800 is the typical resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    The resolution of the phone is 480x800 so to accommodate the scrolling wallpapers, 960x800 is the typical resolution.
    Oh, I see... I think. So I'll try 480x800 on my pics to see if they look any clearer and not stretched.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links