Froyo "News" ????

This is a discussion on Froyo "News" ???? within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; According to tweets about 4 hours ago by @GalaxySSupport, 2.2 will be out for Captivate, Epic, Vibrant by years end. Here's hoping!...

Thread: Froyo "News" ????

Froyo "News" ????

According to tweets about 4 hours ago by @GalaxySSupport, 2.2 will be out for Captivate, Epic, Vibrant by years end. Here's hoping!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by .|. ugly_face .|. View Post
    LOL! First it was September, then October, then November, and now December? I wonder what will be next... January? Good Lord!!!
    JIT used in 2.2 was optimized by Google themselves for the Snapdragon SoC's. I think Samsung is taking their time, but they're optimizing it for the Hummingbird as best they can. What are 2.1's linpack numbers on the Galaxy S? I believe around 7-8MFlops? Well the 2.2 leaks from Samsung have linpacks around 15-18. That's a pretty substantial improvement, as linpack only gauges CPU efficiency. It'll be out, officially, soon. Unofficially, it's been here for a while.

On the Canadian Samsung site there is this

Galaxy S Vibrant

the whole Samsung Kies thing confuses me.....is it available in the US.....is that part of the problem, they use that to upgrade?

I'll say one thing, at least with Moto and the BF getting information on the upgrade was easier...

From a live chat with Samsung

Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Melvin'

Melvin: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
    Visitor: Hi Melvin.....I am in the USA.....just wondering when my Captivate will be getting Froyo 2.2?
    Melvin: I understand that you want to install the Android 2.2 upgrade on the handset. Am I correct ?
    Visitor: yes
    Melvin: Thank you for confirmation.
    Melvin: Unfortunately there is no update available at this time for your (phone model), nor is there an estimated date of one being released.
    Visitor: wow....no estimate at all?
    Melvin: We are unable to speculate when/if a software revision might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.
    Melvin: I apologize for that.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Samsung's Twitter feed stated a while back that it would be out before the end of the year, so they still have a little time. Clock's ticking though...

MEANWHILE.... Gingerbread Nexus S system dumps are live. The kernel source has been published, and as soon as Google posts the Nexus S's source code, Gingerbread in it's entirety can be ported to the SGS devices, including the Captivate. We're working on it over on XDA and the CyanogenMod forums.

If one really wants 2.2, it's easy enough to load it RIGHT NOW, onto your Captivate. The leaked builds are pretty feature complete, and VERY stable. Though the latest "JPU" release is quite buggy. If you're looking to flash Froyo, look for the JK3 or JPA builds. Those are truly awesome builds.

dandroid
    maybe they'll skip Android 2.2 and go straight to Android 2.3 Gingerbread

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    maybe they'll skip Android 2.2 and go straight to Android 2.3 Gingerbread
    One could wish. But, that's too much for Samsung. LOL. They'll push 2.2 out guaranteed, because they have almost complete builds with TouchWiz framework integration bugs pretty much ironed out. They won't push an update out without TouchWiz... as much as I hate that.

i have a friend here in kentucky and her daughter just upgraded her phone to htc evo she told me that the sales clerk connected her phone and updated it to froyo when she brought it over i looked under setting and about phone an sure enough it said frimware version 2.2 on it.
    A glimmer of hope......lol

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links