New Captivate User

This is a discussion on New Captivate User within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; So got the phone yesterday....been so busy that I really haven't played around with it yet, one thing I did notice is that the charger ...

Thread: New Captivate User

New Captivate User

So got the phone yesterday....been so busy that I really haven't played around with it yet, one thing I did notice is that the charger is a little bit weird , it's like I am afraid to push it in too hard .

When I was talking to the AT&T rep ordering the phone she told me as this was a replacement device and a different model phone I needed to update my IMEI # at AT&T Wireless.....I really wasn't paying attention and don't know what she means. I know what the IMEI # is and where to find it and of course it is different on this phone than on the BF but did she mean i needed to change it at my AT&T account?

Also does Samsung have a site like Motorola does for motoblur...like you can sign in and see your device and locate it if you want?

Also , the Captivate equivalent of motoblur, what is that called?, and that's what I see when I go to the daily brief and status widgets?....anything special I need to do to get the most out of that?....any decent news widgets, as of now I see I can only use AP feed.

So man questions and work is in the way

Beautiful phone by the way.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    The IMEI will automatically update itself when you phone registers on the network. You can see the change reflected when you log into the ATT online account status, and it'll show your phone and what model it is.

About the equivalent of Motoblur's online services, nope. There's no equivalent that comes with the Galaxy S phones.

And as far as I know, the Social Status widget, and the Daily Briefing widget are the only thing stock that would compare.

Also, the charger is a little odd... in that the cord that comes with it is the only one that will fit it properly. Others will usually need trimming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    About the equivalent of Motoblur's online services, nope. There's no equivalent that comes with the Galaxy S phones.
    I believe the word you are looking for is TouchWiz. TouchWiz is to MotoBlur as Chocolate Icing is to Vanilla Icing. So as said, it is just the software that the company puts on top of Android. MotoBlur sucks whereas TouchWiz does not. Actually, I do not know that for fact. Well, yes I do. See, MotoBlur just sucks so much that TouchWiz is automatically better, no matter what. I have yet to get my Captivate but I know I will like it.

What is so much better about Touchwiz over Motoblur? All of the reviews I've ever read, all refer to Touchwiz as the worst of the custom manufacturer UIs for Android.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Actually I'd say it's one of the best... if you call UI skins a good thing. LOL.

TouchWiz is really just a launcher and some additions to the Contacts app. Other than that the Social Networking parts are widgets that can actually be uninstalled. It's MUCH more lightweight than Blur.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links