using all share

This is a discussion on using all share within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; allshare allows me to play from my server on my phone but will not allow me to play from my phone on other devices. In ...

Thread: using all share

using all share

allshare allows me to play from my server on my phone but will not allow me to play from my phone on other devices. In fact, no devices is detected after several searches.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Define "other" devices. I can play any media file on my phone through Allshare over WiFi on my PS3. I've not been able to get the phone to "push" content to other devices though. I have to turn on Allshare and select what media I want to share, then go to the PS3 and look for DLNA devices.

I got no problem connecting from my captivate to or from my pc however my computer crashes randomly whenever I try to establish a connection between pc & samsung blue ray player. it sometimes crashes when I use phone to blue ray player. it displays the message "device disconnected". can you help me?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Sounds like a network issue with the "Device Disconnected" message. Video streaming over a network is very bandwidth intensive, so you'll need a N network and strong signal for most devices.

spoke with samsung tech support he told me my operating system is not compatible with allshare(windows7) I guess I need a new operating system.

I still think it has something to do with the wireless adapter on my blue ray player I think the signal it is getting is to weak for the player to utilize.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by bigchune22 View Post
    spoke with samsung tech support he told me my operating system is not compatible with allshare(windows7) I guess I need a new operating system.
    LOL. Allshare is supported by any DLNA compliant device, and Windows 7 is most certainly compatible. DLNA is built into Windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by bigchune22 View Post
    I still think it has something to do with the wireless adapter on my blue ray player I think the signal it is getting is to weak for the player to utilize.
    That would be my guess. Most of the stuff I use with DLNA in my house is wired... like all of my shows and stuff is on a server upstairs wired to a PS3. Usually all I show from my phone is pictures, because it's horribly stuttery with video streaming. When I'm at someone else's house, I just plug my phone in and copy the movie off my phone to their PS3. IMO, Allshare is a nice idea, but WiFi needs to develop a little more before it'll be usable in a seamless sense.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links