hide root from at&t

This is a discussion on hide root from at&t within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; My phone is bricked and i gotta bring it to a att store to see get it checked out to be replaced for free. Can ...

Thread: hide root from at&t

hide root from at&t

My phone is bricked and i gotta bring it to a att store to see get it checked out to be replaced for free. Can I make it to where they can't tell before i bring it to them.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    EDIT... N/M... I answered that a sec ago..

what do you mean you answered that a second ago

People like you crack me up. You knowingly void your warranty, and then try to cover everything up so that you can take the phone back to the carrier, ATT in this case, and get a new phone so you can do the same stupid crap again. And people wander why the carriers make people jump through hoops. /sigh

Anyway, the only way to "hide root" would be to use Odin to restore the stock image to the phone. I believe you had posted elsewhere that you were unable to do that, so I guess that leaves you with the answer of, no, YOU cannot.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

The funny part is I work for the saves department and I'm the guy that makes you jump through hoops. So I'm gonna keep playing the system and make it hard on you guys. Na, i'm playing I am a nice rep. And, most of the time people don't have to jump threw hoops they just think they do. And i'm not returning my phone to AT&T. I returned it to asurion.

If you phone is truely hard bricked, like it just shows a black screen... Then AT&T will not be able to tell if the phone was rooted or not. Typically a bricked phone will have a hardware problem so AT&T will not be able to view the software until Samsung has a look at it. I bricked my phone in the first 30 days I bought it. So I went in and they swapped it with no questions. I just told them I woke up one morning and it would not turn on. All they really did was check to see if it would charge or if it would work with a different battery. When it wouldn't do anything then they gave me a new phone. I was in and out of the store in 10 mins.

Keep in mind that the reps at a AT&T store are just sales guys with limited tech skills. So going in at a busy time have them look at it may be your best bet. They are going to want to get you in and out as fast as possible so they can get to potential new customers.

Yea, I know how they work. Like I said I work for the saves desk. But, I didn't know if they could tell so thanks everyone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links