Get This Cheap?

This is a discussion on Get This Cheap? within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; The Backflip is the worst piece of crap I have ever used. No, that's a lie, but with today's standards, I should be able to ...

Thread: Get This Cheap?

Get This Cheap?

The Backflip is the worst piece of crap I have ever used. No, that's a lie, but with today's standards, I should be able to expect more out of a touchscreen phone with a full keyboard. Okay, maybe not, because just about every phone nowadays has a touchscreen.

But still, the Backflip is VERY slow and I had to install a custom rom to make it somewhat usable because I could not stand the original.

Back in May I switched to AT&T and I was going to get an iPhone, but I already had a 32GB iPod Touch, so I didn't bother. Even if I did get one, it wasn't going to be 32GB.

The Backflip looked cool, and at the time, AT&T didn't have any better Android phones. Of course they came out with the Captivate not long after.

Anyways, so I am not due for a new phone for a long time obviously, so is there somewhere I can get this for cheap? I'm not paying $600.

Not everyone in my family got a new phone when we switched, so I may have one upgrade left, but we'll see.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    You can get one from HERE for $389. I believe it's out of stock right now, but they regularly come back into stock by the week... there's also the GT-i9000 Official Galaxy S listed there at NewEgg, though it's a little more than the Captivate, it still does AT&T 3G though, and is in stock. And ACTUALLY, the Vibrant, the Galaxy S variant from T-Mobile, it's radio can be unlocked to use AT&T 3G also.

I'd rather not pay $389.

But I did find out that I can get it on Amazon with a contract extension. I wish I had my own plan though, because with a family plan it is $150 with the extension, which is still good, but it's only $80 for a single plan.

And of course it's free if you are new to AT&T.

Your best option is eBay. I've seen some as cheap as $250. Or call up Samsung and see if they sell refurbs for cheap.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links