Captivate Web Browser

This is a discussion on Captivate Web Browser within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I'm finding it very difficult to use the browser on this phone. I thought I would simplify things and set up my igoogle page as ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captivate Web Browser

Captivate Web Browser

I'm finding it very difficult to use the browser on this phone. I thought I would simplify things and set up my igoogle page as my default home page, but so far I haven't even been able to access it. It takes me a couple of minutes each time to log in to my google account as the browser will not remember me, although it is checked. I thought if I were ever able to access it, I could set it as my default page. When I log in, all I get is my google email account. Very confusing, laptops are so much simpler.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Cell phones, even smartphones, aren't laptops. What exactly is the problem that you are having though?
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I just signed in to my igoogle account and it loaded in seconds, all my widgets except the gmail one loaded and work fine....that's translate...quotes, picture of the day..weather...sports scores....spell checker and a clock....

I like this browser a lot and find there is no need for an alternate one.

The one thing about the stock browser I did not like is there is no tabbed browsing. If I am wrong, please set me straight. I loaded the free Dolphin Browser and although not perfect, I set it as my default now in place of the stock browser. There are several free browsers and many reviews and comparisons on-line.

How do you access it? I bookmarked it once when I found it, but can't find bookmarks on my captivate either.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    The one thing about the stock browser I did not like is there is no tabbed browsing. If I am wrong, please set me straight. I loaded the free Dolphin Browser and although not perfect, I set it as my default now in place of the stock browser. There are several free browsers and many reviews and comparisons on-line.
    Actually, in the browser press menu, and look for "Windows". It should even show you how many you have open. Samsung has gone Apple Safari style... when you click "Windows" you can swipe through the different open windows.

Ahhh, thank you Dorian. Do you use the OEM browser?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    Ahhh, thank you Dorian. Do you use the OEM browser?
    Yep. Opera is just about as good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Actually, in the browser press menu, and look for "Windows". It should even show you how many you have open. Samsung has gone Apple Safari style... when you click "Windows" you can swipe through the different open windows.
    Yes, I found the new window option, but not bookmarks. I can add a book mark, but don't know where it goes. Also, it will not save my selected start page. Opens with something different everytime. May have to try another browser. Must have bookmarks.

Tim

When you open the browser, scroll to the very top right of the screen (next to the URL box) there is a "star." A quick tap of the "star" opens your bookmarks page.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links