Contacts problem

This is a discussion on Contacts problem within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I just switched from one Samsung phone to the Captivate. I had multiple numbers for each contact on my SD card yet when I put ...

Thread: Contacts problem

Contacts problem

I just switched from one Samsung phone to the Captivate. I had multiple numbers for each contact on my SD card yet when I put it the Captivate, only 1 number shows up. I switched it back to my old phone and multiple numbers are there but they don't display on the Captivate. And, yes, I'm setting the phone to show the contacts from the SD card.

Help on what I'm missing?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    I think you mean SIM card. The problem with SIM cards is that they can only save one number per contact name, so to transfer the other numbers you'd have to manually enter them into the Captivate.

When I saved my numbers to my SIM on my old phone (RAZR), contacts with multiple numbers automatically created an entry for each number under the same name. When I imported them to the Captivate, it brought in all of them and created a link to all numbers with the same name. If I unlink them, I get multiple numbers and duplicated names. hmmm, does that make sense? My experience has been that I did not lose a single number.

Well, what I finally did was go to an AT&T store and they copied all the contacts from my old phone over to my new one. The have a machine there that they plug in both phones to and voila, in about 3 minutes all the contacts are copied.

Now on to the next problem.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links