ATT Music App

This is a discussion on ATT Music App within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I'm a little confused as to why the AT&T Music app on my Captivate says it cannot function with the wifi on? What is it... ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATT Music App

ATT Music App

I'm a little confused as to why the AT&T Music app on my Captivate says it cannot function with the wifi on? What is it... like Amazon and such for shopping for music? I guess that is out with a 200MB data limit, as well as the AT&T Radio warning about needing an unlimited data plan.
    Looks like it's load up my SD card and furnish my own music huh? Radio would have been nice however. Talk shows, football games etc. I feel like I upgraded for nothing.

Tim

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    There are better alternatives to the AT&T music apps. I like Pandora radio and there are apps that will let you listen to streamed radio stations. If you stream a lot of media you should get the 2 GB data pan. Monitor your use and then drop back to the 200 MB if you can. I have a grand-fathered unlimited plan and I have only gone over 200 MB twice in 8 months and never over GB. I don't stream movies and use Pandora about 3-4 hours a month.
    But my concern is why would it require that Wifi be turned off? Isn't there an app you can play the radio over wifi only? I really can't afford to put out for the 2GB plan, and if I did, I can't drop back down because I'm under two-year-contract through Wirefly in order to get the phone for $20 instead of $168 from AT&T. AT&T changing their data plans has really put a dent in my LONG-TERM allegiance, I'll be shopping and comparing. It's kind of annoying, but that's the rules. Already going to have to buy a back-up battery, and that's with shutting everything down that I can. I'm monitoring the data now with 3G Watchdog, but I'm sure that uses a lot of battery too. I'd like to leave the My-Cast Lite running, but probably uses too much battery too. I even shut down the data monitor at home on wifi to save battery. Battery life is not good for this phone. I'm not on it much but can't make it through the day usually. Just curious as to why you wouldn't be able to find an app that would take advantage of Wifi for listening to the radio.

When you say AT&T Music App(s) your talking about AT&T Radio app on my phone, and AT&T Music app on my phone? I assumed you have to use AT&T Radio or an equivalent app to stream radio, not AT&T music. Why would they have both on there?

deleted by author

What Marvin said is the key. If it's a fee based app (AT&T), I think it doesn't use your allotted bandwidth. Did I just state the obvious?

deleted by author

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    What Marvin said is the key. If it's a fee based app (AT&T), I think it doesn't use your allotted bandwidth. Did I just state the obvious?
    No, I don't believe you did. I was concerned with the fact it (at least the AT&T app) stated it would NOT work with Wifi on. That puzzles me.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by timbuk2 View Post
    No, I don't believe you did. I was concerned with the fact it (at least the AT&T app) stated it would NOT work with Wifi on. That puzzles me.
    They don't allow it to work over WiFi because it's a network provisioned service, provided to your phone. Not being able to use it over WiFi is also an easier way to bill you.

Basically why they do it is billing. Sad, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    I would double check that. As an example AT&T Navigator is $10 a month and the data it uses counts against your data plan.
    I don't doubt you Marvin but I find such practices despicable. I was astonished after I learned what I could do with Google maps. 3D turn by turn directions that if I had had a cradle in which to place my phone, I would have put my Captivate up against any standalone GPS (Tom-Tom, etc.). Only now, after reading this thread have I realized that this uses my allotted data (DOH!). But at least I'm not paying $10 to boot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links