AT&T Froyo upgrade bricked my Samsung Captivate

This is a discussion on AT&T Froyo upgrade bricked my Samsung Captivate within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Originally Posted by .|. ugly_face .|. Attachment 341 AT&T and Samsung finally released the upgrade to Froyo for the Samsung Captivate on the 24th! And ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AT&T Froyo upgrade bricked my Samsung Captivate

Froyo Update in Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by .|. ugly_face .|. View Post
    Attachment 341

AT&T and Samsung finally released the upgrade to Froyo for the Samsung Captivate on the 24th! And guess what? It bricked my phone!!! It failed in the middle and now my phone is dead. All i see now is the attached image and I can do nothing about it! Can anyone please help me?

I called Samsung, and they want me to send it in for six days and that is really inconvenient. AT&T will probably say the same thing!

[I hate this- Android is awesome, but the manufacturers and the carriers are making it really hard for me to want to stick with this OS! The difference between Android phones and iPhones is very little if I need to JAILBREAK them to use them the way I want!!!]
    I have the same problem here in the Virgin islands. Unfortunately we don't have an AT&T Support Center here in the U.S.V.I. In fact when I called Samsung Tech Support. They told me that I have to send my phone to a friend or family member in the US mainland and have them call Samsung to service my phone; because, Samsung does not service Samsung Captivates outside of the continental US.

I suspect the reason why my Froyo update failed is because I do not have a USB 2.0 compatible USB port on my 2002 Dell Dimension 8200. According to AT&Ts Samsung captivate Froyo update instructions ( How Do I Update The Software On My AT&T SGH-i897 (Captivate) Phone To Android 2.2 (Froyo) Through Kies Mini For PC? ) I should not have used a USB card or hub.

I need help.

My phone also soft-bricked... i ended up having to get into the boot recovery screen and wipe the phone, then it took the 2.2 update like a champ.. sucked though, I had to reinstall my apps.. didn't have DropBox enabled on my installation of Titanium BackUp. I was rooted and VooDoo lagfix on stock Eclair (2.1). Live and learn bro... signup for DropBox for your TB backups.. WELL worth the effort!!

I've had to flash my wife's Captivate with Odin a few times and I've never had issues with it wiping out the internal 'sdcard'. Not sure why you'd have lost your backups.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Just got my update

leave the phone at that screen make sure you have your adb drivers ready and try running this: http://jwhite.macleod-web.net/resources/I897UCKF1 Odin-1-Click.exe if successful sometimes it takes 2 or 3 times to fuly reflash the phone and if successful your phone wwill be up to android 2.3.4
    This isnt the first Time i heard of the KIES samsung program doing this

Exclamation Samsung captivate bricked....

So I was updating my captivate using kies mini and while it was booting up to my phone it stopped at 29% and gave me a blue screen...
    then after it showed the phone--PC thing. I have tried the things everyone suggested and it doesn't work it stays on the phone--PC..
    I'm gettin frusterated and if anyone can help it would be great!!!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links