Removing ALL browsers from Captivate

This is a discussion on Removing ALL browsers from Captivate within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I need to completely remove the internet browser from a captivate. Is it possible? It's the original one that came on the AT&T phone. My ...

Thread: Removing ALL browsers from Captivate

Question Removing ALL browsers from Captivate

I need to completely remove the internet browser from a captivate. Is it possible? It's the original one that came on the AT&T phone. My husband has issues with going over our data and he likes Pandora so upon compromise he can keep that but lose the internet.

Is it possible to lock it, lose it, hide it, Get RID of it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    It is possible to get rid of it, yes, but you'd have to root your phone. There are app lock apps on the market, but those are really made for children.

Welcome to the forum, BTW!

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Dorian is correct. Honestly though, this sounds a bit ridiculous if your husband simply can't practice enough self restraint to not go over the data cap. I might suggest however to install an app such as 3G Watchdog which can monitor your data usage. You can also configure it so that it will automatically disable data once you get a certain threshold if you use it in conjunction with another app APNdroid.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links