Download unsuccessful and placebos

This is a discussion on Download unsuccessful and placebos within the Samsung Captivate forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I am always getting download unsuccessful from Market. I have a Samsung Captive galaxy S with 2.1 EclairI have been through the clear data, cache ...

Thread: Download unsuccessful and placebos

Unhappy Download unsuccessful and placebos

I am always getting download unsuccessful from Market. I have a Samsung Captive galaxy S with 2.1 EclairI have been through the clear data, cache in market, checkin service, and many other apps. So, if you reply with this nonsense I will not read it. This solution did nothing to help me. I removed apps thinking that perhaps I have too much installed. Nothing helped here. I did the ridiculous idea of removing the update to Market. So if this idea comes back, I already said I have tried this. Now I am using the default market version. Real helpful. No help there. I still cannot successfully download from Market. So where have these solutions benefited me? It is likely that those who are being helped by them have something different going on or the solution is really a placebo. So if someone has any suggestion that is a real solution instead of a placebo I would be interested. I was on Samsung's live chat for the issue, and it was a long live chat. I found that I could not update my OS because I was not able to get the Kies to run on my stupid windows 7 laptop. Live Chat suggested that I do a factory reset or call in for support. With no backup of my pics it is a great welcomed idea. We went down this avenue of trying the OS upgrade to see if maybe the update from 2.1 Eclair to the 2.3 Version OS (I think) would solve this problem. No, it was not helpful. In fact I was not able to run the upgrade Kies software (runs on 32 bit only not 64 bit Oses). Nor was I able to 'see' my phone on the computer (the driver cannot be installed correctly). Maybe there is a hardware issue. Who knows. At this point I am getting very frustrated with the android platform and/or the samsung phone and the nonworking solutions. It seems lots of ideas for fixing the issue are just placebos when perhaps some cannot download due to Market connectivity or their own service connectivity issues. I have been through many steps and efforts and this phone will require a factory reset to fix so I am told. I guess I lose my pics in the process. What a horrible way to fix this issue. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?????????????????????

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

there is a way you can flash your phone with a updated software check out or flash stock rom thread here it uses ODIN3 instead of KIES

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links