Samsung Galaxy S Update: Samsung Continuum Glitch-Fix Update
While the Samsung Vibrant has been the only Samsung Galaxy S phone in the U.S. to get the coveted update to Android 2.2 Froyo, Verizon is pushing out an update to the Samsung Continuum with glitch fixes, messaging improvements, Facebook app updates, GPS fixes, V CAST apps and other enhancements.
The update is being pushed out Over-the-Air (OTA), or you can check for updates from your Samsung Continuum.
The upgrade takes about 5 to 15 minutes to download and another 5-6 minutes to install.
From the main menu, tap Menu, select Settings, select About phone, select System updates, select Check New, and select Download to download of the update.
Here' what the update i400.DL17 does:
- Reply/Forward Visual Voice Mail audio files as attachments using a variety of email providers (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo!).
- Improved Visual Voice Mail functionality.
- Pressing the camera button no longer launches the Messenger Application.
- All received picture messages properly display the embedded image.
- Added ability to delete a threaded message while in the body of the thread.
- Alert appears when a message of 150+ characters sends as an MMS message.
- When using V CAST Music, the audio track will auto-pause if you select a V CAST or native video to start.
- Added multiple email messages to be deleted from POP3 accounts (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo!).
- Contact name displays correctly in the notification bar when a text message is received.
- Successfully hide all declined events on Facebook application.
- Improved voice dialing response time when connected to a Bluetooth headset or car kit.
- "Locate Me" GPS feature in the Weatherbug widget now works correctly.
- Properly display Daylight Savings Time in WeatherBug application.
- Completely delete RSS history.
- Avoid device transitioning into a no service state when it should not have.
- Device will not force close when setting a wallpaper.
- V CAST Apps now available.
There have been many promises made by Samsung and the carriers in the past, such as the promised update in the "near future" that was changed to "ASAP" for an update to Android 2.2 Froyo.
Samsung Galaxy S smartphones in the U.S. include the Samsung Epic 4G, Samsung Fascinate, Samsung Captivate and Samsung Vibrant.
The Samsung Galaxy S update to Android 2.2 includes many well-liked features, including an Adobe Flash compatibility, speed improvements, better keyboard, Samsung Media Hub, better Microsoft Exchange support, and the storing of apps on the microSD card (see list of update features).
Many of the Samsung Galaxy S phones were named in Wireless and Mobile News' Review of Reviews Top Ten Best Android an' Droid Phones Now an' Later, as well as the Top Ten Best Smartphones.
source Wireless and Mobile News
01-30-2011 08:44 PM
Super Moderator/Rescue Squad
An update from Samsung....its like the Loch Ness monster of smartphones.
Sent from somewhere...