Samsung Epic 4G Docking Station?

This is a discussion on Samsung Epic 4G Docking Station? within the Samsung Epic 4G Accessories forums, part of the Samsung Epic 4G category; I have seen the video and pictures of the Samsung Galaxy S (International edition) docking station and it looks sooooo nice! ....I was wondering if ...

Thread: Samsung Epic 4G Docking Station?

Talking Samsung Epic 4G Docking Station?

I have seen the video and pictures of the Samsung Galaxy S (International edition) docking station and it looks sooooo nice! ....I was wondering if anyone has heard if the US versions of the Galaxy S will be getting any docking stations of their own? ....Here is my personal view.....The docking station must connect via the micro usb which judging by the pictures appears slides into the left side of the dock rather than straight down....From watching video of all four of the samsung galaxy s variants for the US it is apparent that the micro usb port is located on the top of the phone as is the international version ([ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXuUi8PTkvM]YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S Review[/ame]) check out the video at 1:22 seconds for micro usb position....The problem I foresee is that the Epic 4G micro usb port seems to be in the middle of the top of the phone while the international Galaxy S seems to be off centered to the top left of the phone judging from youtube videos I have seen ([ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nbl2iYcsmc]YouTube - Samsung Epic 4G[/ame]) check out the video at 45 seconds in to see the micro usb position....This could lead to Samsung having to decide if they should design a dock specifically for the Samsung Epic 4G or not.....I personally am very excited for this phone and will buy it with or without a docking station but I very much hope that Sprint and Samsung decide to bring a docking station stateside because it would be nice to have the Epic as an upright alarm clock for before and after bedtime.....Please let me know how everyone else feels about a possible Samsung Epic 4G docking station!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I want you to give me some Tips to buy it once,Have you ever considered adding more videos to your site posts to keep the readers more entertained? I mean I just read through the entire article of yours and it was quite good but since I'm more of a visual learner,I found that to be more helpful well let me know how it turns out! I love what you guys are always up too. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the great works guys I've added you guys to my site. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information.. I will visit your wall regularly for some latest post.

I received my docking station today. Immediately I detected a couple of engineering flaws. When the Epic is placed in the dock, the indentation for the volume control buttons doesn't line up well. So the slightest pressure applied to the top of the handset will cause the ring volume to eventually mute. I fixed this by applying some soft sided velcro to the bottom right side of the dock so as to slightly raise the handset up. Problem solved.

Another thing is that the rear speaker jack can not be used for a headset.

Both are stupid flaws but I thing a software revision may fix the headphone issue.

Other than these two things I like the dock and its' associated apps.

Best regards

Jim Grant

Quote Originally Posted by jgrant7 View Post
    I detected a couple of engineering flaws. When the Epic is placed in the dock, the indentation for the volume control buttons doesn't line up well. So the slightest pressure applied to the top of the handset will cause the ring volume to eventually mute.

Another thing is that the rear speaker jack can not be used for a headset.

Both are stupid flaws but I thing a software revision may fix the headphone issue. Jim Grant
    Yeah Jim, I have noticed the same design flaws as well as another. The Epic won't stay powered 'off' when on the dock. Whenever I turn the power off, it basically just does a power cycle and turns back on. The only option I have to simulate a power off is to put it in airplane mode.

I also would like to see the screen rotated in landscape mode when I'm on the dock. From unlocking the phone to viewing screen saver and apps, the screen is not rotated. Once an app is launched, then it goes into landscape. That may be more of an OS issue than a design flaw of the dock.

Still, this device is amazing. I've had it for almost 2 weeks and I'm still learning more I can do with it. Truth is, if I knew how awesome the on screen keyboard would be I probably would have opted for a device without a 'real' keyboard, though I don't know any android devices that are currently operating this smoothly. Perhaps the Evo?

First time posting... cheers everyone.

Rick

Cool Check this Dock Out

I picked this dock up on Amazon.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/RND-Power-Solutions-Battery-charging/dp/B004H42FOY/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1298182350&sr=8-32"]Amazon.com: RND Power Solutions Deluxe 2nd Battery Cradle / Desktop Dock / charging station for Samsung Epic 4G: Electronics[/ame]

I went through 3 Brands until I found the right one.
    I agree you need to try to find ones without design flaws.

I have seen ones that don't charge the 2nd battery and phone when AC charger is plugged in.
    Also others that light up the room like it was Christmas again.

The worst one had 2 flaws:
    Alarm would go off when the 2nd battery was fully charged.
    When Docked the phone was unstable and would fall out from the front.

I am happy with the RND Dock and don't see any of the flaws.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links