Phone Can't Update, Don't Know Why?

This is a discussion on Phone Can't Update, Don't Know Why? within the Samsung Epic 4G Hacks forums, part of the Samsung Epic 4G category; I have the samsung galaxys24g SPH-D710, VER 2.3.6 S:D710.10.S.EK02 BUILD NUM GINGERBREAD.EK02 updates will not install on phone getting reboot then triangle with yellow examination ...

Thread: Phone Can't Update, Don't Know Why?

Phone Can't Update, Don't Know Why?

I have the samsung galaxys24g SPH-D710, VER 2.3.6 S:D710.10.S.EK02 BUILD NUM GINGERBREAD.EK02
    updates will not install on phone getting reboot then triangle with yellow examination mark and little green android. not sure what to do, I did flash phone a while back to fix the hotspot app. I would like to get the phone back to where it was with out losing data. please help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Flash again. When you flashed it did you flash with a back up installed on rom? Did you download a back up app?

i have that backup app, installed only two things I did with it, i gave it super user which does not work, cracked the hot spot app. now it gives errors on reboot and will not take updates please help. walk me through step by step what I need to do to get it to work. it would be nice after all that is done I can crack the hot spot app with out messing up phone. pls help. I would pay you 10 bucks to your paypal account if you can fix me asap and I do not loose any data. thx.

It wont take the factory updates because it is rooted. You do know that mobile hotspot is free on the 5Gb plan with Tmobile? Have you went to xda developers to see how to flash your phone? I do not want your money. Keep it, just look at xda and let me know if they have a way to walk you through.

I am with sprint, I flashed it before not sure how to do it again, I still have the flash utility and the backup app. can you walk me through what needs to be done to get the phone working good again? we can communicate by instant message that why we can get it done quickly.

Call customer care and have them walk you through a reset. The reset will start with them telling you to type ##7 and there is more but they would know the rest. Did you go to xda? In your google search type in xda developers and go to the website. Then in the search field type in your device and search.
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 02-11-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Call customer care and have them walk you through a reset. The reset will start with them telling you to type ##7 and there is more but they would know the rest. Did you go to xda? In your google search type in xda developers and go to the website. Then in the search field type in your device and search.
    if I do a reset I would lose everything right? I got the flash for xda developers. I do not flash often, I am looking for the steps. can you help me

If you synced contacts to your gmail account. The rom from xda should also provide you with a step by step. You can also send any text message to sd card or your email.
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 02-12-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    If you synced contacts to your gmail account. The rom from xda should also provide you with a step by step. You can also send any text message to sd card or your email.

please help me, can you walk me through the flashing process, I do not want to mess it up. I've done it before but its been a while and I do not want to mess it up.

Go to this website and follow directions there. If your worried about ruining device my suggestion would be to not root your device.How to Unroot your Rooted Epic 4G Touch Back to EL29 Stock ROM! | Epic 4G Touch Root

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links