Problems with the Epic 4G?

This is a discussion on Problems with the Epic 4G? within the Samsung Epic 4G Tech forums, part of the Samsung Epic 4G category; i am having issues with sending/receiving texts, voice calls (pretty much all general area), phantom voicemails and phonecalls, error retrieving data, using the web, making ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Problems with the Epic 4G?

Exclamation Signal/service issues out my hiney

i am having issues with sending/receiving texts, voice calls (pretty much all general area), phantom voicemails and phonecalls, error retrieving data, using the web, making calls, no bars almost ever unless its 2 maybe and thats pushing it. i am now on my 3rd replacement phone since i got the original in JANUARY 2011, my phone is constantly running apps that i have never gone into and never use, when i call other people with a droid it is force closing their phones down. there are issues after issues and i am getting very irritated with it.

please someone help me.

i also live in gf, nd and get no signal basically all the way to fargo. havent gone anywhere else with it yet. it does not matter where i live, where i go there is no signal/service.

Question Problems when close qwerty keyboard and more

My phone for a couple of months has had the problem of loading after I close the qwerty keyboard. When I close it, because it takes about 10 seconds to load, I can’t scroll back and forth on the home screen and nothing comes up in my applications. Is anyone know why this is happening?

Also, I’ve read this problem before but there hasn’t been any solution, when I plug my phone into my computer, and icon comes up saying that there was a problem i.e. my computer doesn’t recognize it. It worked when I first got the phone back when it came out, but now it doesn’t. I’ve read that maybe the cord is too long so I’d need to buy a shorter one but I don’t know if that is correct or not. I tried downloading the file off of the Samsung website but all it didn't work after that either.

This is just a small question – when I first got the phone, I loved the fact that I could copy and past off of a website but when the phone updated to the new android, it went away. Is this feature completely gone now?

Quote Originally Posted by danDroid View Post
    If your having problems with the Epic 4G, let us know.
    Problem with my Epic.... Where to begin.....

2.2 can no longer update PRL or profile. Known 2.2 bug by Sprint. FYI, be cautious if they tell you to do a hard reset. I was told to do it then they could not re-provision the phone. Had to go to sprint store to get software reloded. After Tech support told me to do this and realized they crashed my phone, got escalated to advance tech support who told me they should NEVER tell to do a hard reset until the software problem is fixed

Next Texting. After use some phone numbers when replying will drop the area code. you get an error to use 10 digits. The phone remembers these numbers and you can never hit reply to these numbers.. only fix is go back and get software reloaded ( or you can reenter he number and create a new message to each reply). Fyi this happened a 2nd time within the month. This weekend the person at the store said yes we know this issue.. Called to tech support and after pushing to get to advance tech support they said yes this too is software.

new problem after reload of software for the 3rd time this weekend. Now phone will not sync with computer for mass storage. Not my computer as my wife's epic does work. software again???????

Space bar on keyboard cracked in 1/2.

Phone suddenly does not see SD card. Happened twice. 1st time got a new card happened again to new card. Put card in my computer just to see if a low level format would help could not be done. Got pissed call Samsung. told original card is warranty send it in. Rebooted phone for like the 8th time was able to reformat new card. then for HA ha's tried the original samsung card and was able to reformat. seems like a phone issue to me

Told by sprint if they have to replace my phone it is $35 however it is warrantied by Samsung so call them. They said send it in and once they get it tehy will send a new one in 7-10days After they receive the broken one. what a CROCK of ....... Customer service at Samsung, yeah right! what a joke once they have your money they could care less!

1/2 the time no message on phone that a text was recieved.

Kids have Samsung intercepts. another P.O.S. Will I ever buy another Samsung phone. NO WAY IS sprint also to blame for the software issues my guess is yes they play at least some part since friends on T moblie with Galaxy phones have some of these issues but some seem to be sprint related

I posted in the new members introductory and I've kicked around a bit and haven't been able to find an answer for my quandary.

Here are the details:

Brand new Samsung Epic 4G on the Sprint network.

Rooted using a method from XDA Developers. I'll link to the method used below.

One Click Root & Recovery for the Epic 4G! v2.5.5 Now has ClockworkMod Redirector! - xda-developers

It's a stock kernel, from my working knowledge, and I'm using 2.2 on ECO5.

The apps I'm using are Free Wireless Tether as well as Set CPU (Paid). I have made no other changes to the handset, and my problem does not stem from any changes I have made.

Whilst charging my handset last night I accidentally set it in bed with me. I've somehow seemed to wipe ALL of the icons/widgets/shortcuts/launcher from the desktops. I now have a transparent launcher with only my phone, applications, and sprint ID set as Quick-Launch. I can't change the Launcher, and while I know that I can drag these icons from the applications back onto the desktop, the launcher is still an issue. Sprint Customer Care, Top Tier Tech Support as well as In-Store repair representative maintain the only fix for this is a hard reset. Perhaps I'm being picky, but I'm sure there is another way to restore these items. I don't want to Google Sync back my contact list of 700+ with multiple TN's and Email Addresses. I don't want to re-download all my apps. I'll use a hard reset as a last resort.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. And if I need to clarify please don't hesitate to ask as I may not have accurately enough described the current issue.

Post due diligence

By sheer stubborness I was able to resolve this issue be clearing the launcher defaults and using TW (touchwiz) Launcher. This can be done via the folowing steps:

Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Launcher>Clear Defaults

You will then be prompted which launcher you wish to use. You can use the Vanilla android launcher or Samsung TouchWiz.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links