Problems with the Epic 4G?

This is a discussion on Problems with the Epic 4G? within the Samsung Epic 4G Tech forums, part of the Samsung Epic 4G category; If your having problems with the Epic 4G, let us know....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with the Epic 4G?

danDroid

Problems with the Epic 4G?

If your having problems with the Epic 4G, let us know.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Is anyone else having issues with the quality of sound during incoming/outgoing calls? I just bought the epic this morning and during every call I have made the person on the other end of the phone sounds echoey and unclear. I tried turning the volume down but the problem still persisted.

Home page removing apps problem

I'm having a software glitch I'm wondering if anyone else is having, my apps on my home page disappear all the time, especially after I power off and back on. I've been troubleshooting by resetting the phone back to factory settings. The problem goes away until I register on the marketplace (with only factory apps installed). Once I register, every power on/off resets my home page, leaving only widgets remaining. To be more specific, the problem occurs once I enter my google information into the marketplace. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I've searched to see if this was an issue with just android or my epic i purchased. The issue is that i have 50%+ time without a signal and my battery is being drained within 4 hours most of the time. I live in a suburb of detroit and with my old cell phone (the rumor) i had 3-4 bars out of 4 nearly all the time. However, with the epic my service has been horrible and have been missing calls and i've even tested sending myself texts, and sometimes it'll take 2 seconds, with others taking near 3-4 minutes. Any suggestions?

I had issue with mounting the SD card to my PC in Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I saw quite a few people had similar issues on the net.

Had to download the Samsung Galaxy S i9000 x64 driver pack/installer and install that. Reboot the computer and phone. Working.

Red face Issues with signal & not being able to send text messages out.

When I try to send a text I get this little picture of an envelope with a red/pink circle at the top right hand corner of it. I get this everytime but yet I can receive texts. This has been happening since yesterday. I've also had problems with no signal, Ill get a blue circle with a blue line through it at the top where it usually shows the signal bars. It was like that for two hours yesterday until i turned it off and back on, a half hour later it did it again. The day before it had done the same thing so Im wondering what the deal is. Im in a good coverage area and my coworker who had an evo didnt have any problems. I didnt have 4 g on so it wasnt because there was no 4g coverage in this area.

Anyone else have these problems or am I just the unlucky one?

Can anyone tell me how to forward a text message and how to copy the text of the text message so I can copy it into an email or into the google search box? I wish there was a select all button for a webpage instead of a select text and you have to scroll over a sentence. I tried to scroll all the way down to select it all but it wouldnt let me scroll down more then two sentences before it stopped and highlighted the text.

Unhappy I am having signal problems on my Samsung Epic

I seem to have signal problems.. my browser and data flow is extremely slow.. I am in OC/LA area and yeah definitely odd.. I had the Evo and had awesome coverage, now Its like being on AT&T!

Angry I forgot to clarify something.....

I mentioned that I was getting an envolope with a red circle with a line through it when I send a text. I didn't clarify that my texts aren't being sent. I can recieve them, I just can't send them. How does this make any sense? I turned the phone off and back on and it's still doing it!! This has been going on since yesterday!!!! :confused:

North81, you might try contacting Sprint to make sure your account is provisioned correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by TerCruz80 View Post
    I seem to have signal problems.. my browser and data flow is extremely slow.. I am in OC/LA area and yeah definitely odd.. I had the Evo and had awesome coverage, now Its like being on AT&T!
    A few steps to try I would think might be contacting Sprint to check for any coincidental coverage area issues but also to make sure data is set correctly on the account, then try restoring the phone as new to default everything and remove any possible software glitches that could cause the issue.

Then from there it might be a hardware thing?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links