My Epic 4G will not display main menu in landscape mode

This is a discussion on My Epic 4G will not display main menu in landscape mode within the Samsung Epic 4G Tech forums, part of the Samsung Epic 4G category; Is there a setting I'm missing? when I put the epic 4g on it's side, the main menu does not rotate until I open an ...

Thread: My Epic 4G will not display main menu in landscape mode

My Epic 4G will not display main menu in landscape mode

Is there a setting I'm missing? when I put the epic 4g on it's side, the main menu does not rotate until I open an app. Is this how it is suppose to work?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Same problem

I am also having the same problem. It seemed to work the first day (I noticed because more apps fit on the screen) and now it doesn't.

Mine does not change either. I went into settings and changed the orientation so that it automatically changes when rotating phone but the main screen does not change.

Are you sure this is an option? A lot of home replacements allow you to rotate the home screen but i thought the stock launcher allows rotate but not on the home screen.

This morning I was responding to a text message using qwerty keyboard. Closed the messaging back to main menu. While the qwerty keyboard is open the main menu will be landscape. I remember seeing a video on the phone that talked about the landscape mode with the qwerty keyboard. I am not sure why you have to open the keyboard to get to landscape, but thats how it works on mine.

3 days after my Sprint 30 day waranty expired, my Epic mysteriously did the same thing. my main menu will no longer convert to landscape unless i have the keypad opened...& sometimes when i'm holding it vertically, my screen will momentarily start in landscape, but 180-degrees/filpped in the wrong direction.

i've only had this problem since Fri (3/25 ~ same day my waranty expired) when my Epic had its 1st software update. could this B the issue behind the landscape-vs-portrait issues? any other suggestions? did i just waste $350 on this not-so-smart phone?

other than this new issue i totally love this phone! hope there's a solution out there...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links