Phone locking up

This is a discussion on Phone locking up within the Samsung Epic 4G Tech forums, part of the Samsung Epic 4G category; I purchased the phone last week and love it but I am having problems with it locking up. Power is on but none of the ...

Thread: Phone locking up

Phone locking up

I purchased the phone last week and love it but I am having problems with it locking up. Power is on but none of the functions can be accessed. Must remove battery and restart. Anyone else having these problems?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Yup, got mine yesterday and had the exact same problem. After doing a factory reset and still having the problem went in and exchanged it, works great now.

Biltut have you done a factory reset? Another option is to call sprint and they will send a signal to your phone to refresh it. If these two thing dont work then i agree with jga. Take it in for a swap out

Yep, tried all of that I exchanged it this morning. Thanks for the help. New phone working fine for the first hour. I am holding my breath.

Unhappy Epic 4G Locks Up and Sometimes Reboots itself

Quote Originally Posted by biltut View Post
    Yep, tried all of that I exchanged it this morning. Thanks for the help. New phone working fine for the first hour. I am holding my breath.
    Had my phone for almost two weeks now. Love it . . . except it has locked up twice. Also had to remove the battery. I thought that maybe if you pushed and held the on/off button that it would reboot (like my old phone and my PC(s). But no luck. Is there a way to boot the phone without removing the battery?

I also have a Browser problem "stopping unexpectedly" (posted in another thread).
    I really don't want to exchange it for the Evo, but might have to if no solution.

I have had the Epic for 6 weeks and have been having problems with the phone part. When I place a call, the screen goes black, without putting it up to my ear. And it won't come back, no matter what you do until after the other party hangs up. You cannot access your speaker-phone, mute, dial pad, end call button or any other in call feature. Sprint says its a typical hardware problem and they want me to give the phone back to get a refurbished one. Am I the only one that has a problem with that? I just paid a fortune for this phone, NEW, 6 weeks ago and I do not want a refurbished one. If I did, I would have waited awhile and paid a third of the price! Any other options I may have??

Epic 4g freezes

This will be the last Samsung phone I will buy. I had an instinct and that screen froze. I then got the epic 4g figuring you could still make a call even if the screen freezes. Forget it. You have to remove the battery and reset it that way.
    It seems to be a problem with samsung. I brought the Epic back to sprint and they replaced the phone for that and another problem. the second phone does it all the time, so I bring it back to them and they have the audacity to tell me the reason it freezes is because I have too many APPS on it. Really??? Isn't that what the phone is made to do... Oh by the way, it's not even a half full of he amount of Apps that it can hold. I also hard re-set the phone. That didn't stop the problem. It would be a great phone if it stopped freezing.

I"ll take a closer look at the HTC, MS, phones and compare them to the I-phone. Forget Samsung.

Ads