Process.com.android has stopped unexpectedly?

This is a discussion on Process.com.android has stopped unexpectedly? within the Samsung Epic 4G Tech forums, part of the Samsung Epic 4G category; All too frequently, when I try to start the Browser, I get the message: Process.com.android has stopped unexpectedly? with a Force Close button. Then most ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kcuriel59

Thread: Process.com.android has stopped unexpectedly?

Unhappy Process.com.android has stopped unexpectedly?

All too frequently, when I try to start the Browser, I get the message:
    Process.com.android has stopped unexpectedly? with a Force Close button. Then most of the other apps that access the Internet won't work either. Some do (Pandora for example). I have to power down the phone and turn it back on to make it work.
    Any suggestions? Anyone else having this problem?

I may have the choice in the next day or so to exchange it for the Evo. I really like the keyboard and don't really want to have to make that choice. But I have had the phone lock up twice also. (But I will put that in a separate thread.)

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

I would first try doing a factory reset, and if that doesn't fix it then bring it in to the Sprint store.

I have the Evo and I can't stress enough how awesome it is. The large screen makes it very easy to type on without needing a physical keyboard.

Has your issue been resolved yet, and if so, how?

I've been having this problem since I got the Moment about 5 wks ago. Same error message and having to force close. They've done the reset, etc. They decided it must just be my phone since the internet works. So I got a replacement and STILLLLL can't get email or facebook notifications, etc. Incredibly frustrating.

Question Force close on game Inotia 3

Hi. I have an EVO 4G. I play a game called Inotia 3, which since its last upgrade chronically force closes.

I haves tried everything, even deleting the game AND my character data (I was level 43 ), reinstalling, and starting a new game from scratch. That didn't even work.

The developers site for the game, and the game itself, provide no means to contact them to report bugs.

And yes, somewhere in all this I did go to a Sprint store and have my phone completely reset. All that did was erase my entire calendar and my photos.

I do not know how to get more information from my phone on why I keep getting the force closes. Perhaps someone here can kindly direct me on how to better diagnose the problem, and even fix it?

Thank you!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaMilton View Post
    Hi. I have an EVO 4G. I play a game called Inotia 3, which since its last upgrade chronically force closes.

I haves tried everything, even deleting the game AND my character data (I was level 43 ), reinstalling, and starting a new game from scratch. That didn't even work.

The developers site for the game, and the game itself, provide no means to contact them to report bugs.

And yes, somewhere in all this I did go to a Sprint store and have my phone completely reset. All that did was erase my entire calendar and my photos.

I do not know how to get more information from my phone on why I keep getting the force closes. Perhaps someone here can kindly direct me on how to better diagnose the problem, and even fix it?

Thank you!
    ***its because your internet cache is full...what you have to do is go into your menu>applications>manage applications>all>internet>clear cache>clear data...once you do that it should work like a charm...i have the same phone and it happened to me too....took me a while to fig that out...good luck
    crypton8755 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kcuriel59 View Post
    ***its because your internet cache is full...what you have to do is go into your menu>applications>manage applications>all>internet>clear cache>clear data...once you do that it should work like a charm...i have the same phone and it happened to me too....took me a while to fig that out...good luck
    This hit the nail on the head for me (samsung galaxy) wrecked my head for two days until I read this, spot on, well done.

Ads