Screen Stays on does not timeout.

This is a discussion on Screen Stays on does not timeout. within the Samsung Epic 4G Tech forums, part of the Samsung Epic 4G category; Hello, With one of my epic, the screen does not time out. I have set my screen timeout @15 sec and keyboard @6 sec. Regardless ...

Thread: Screen Stays on does not timeout.

Screen Stays on does not timeout.

Hello,
    With one of my epic, the screen does not time out. I have set my screen timeout @15 sec and keyboard @6 sec. Regardless what window you're in the screen seems to go blank for less after the set timeout time (15sec) then right away everything lights right back (screen and the 4 buttons). (it times out for maybe 1 sec)
    I tried with 2 epic simultaneously (with same settings) one timeouts and whereas this one seems to timeout for fraction of sec ( less than a sec) and turns on right back.

Is anyone experiencing a similar problem?
    I have updated the system (menu->about the phone-> system update).
    FYI the if I press the on/off button on the side the screen does timeout.
    Any advice?

Thanks,
    Sam

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't know if you have tried this but...
    Take out battery and see if that works.
    Also try trying to reset the settings back
    to factory condition. I would think this
    would fix it. If not I'm clueless. Let us now
    how you fix it.
    Cedric Cyrus
    Saint Paul, MN
    Evo 4G, I HATE APPLE!

I have the same problem. It seems to be an issue with the micro SD slot. When I remove the card and start up the phone, there is no problem. But, if the card is in when it starts up, the screen will timeout after 15 seconds, but turn right back on a couple seconds later. I've also noticed that problem persists even when an unmounted card is present in the slot, but as soon as I take the SD card out, the issue resolves. I've tried two different micro SD cards and the same thing happens with both, so it must be an issue with the actual slot.

Samsung has no idea how to fix this problem. I've sent my phone in to them twice and they have not fixed the problem at all.

Aapala.

I am having a similar issue. I tried removing and replacing my Micro SD and you are absolutely correct. Without a microsd card, the phone works as it should. When you insert the micro SD card (even unmounted) the screen won't stay off.

Did you ever get this issue resolved. I'd be interested in hearing your solution. Unfortunately I purchased my phone from a sprint rep on craigslist so I can't return it to Samsung, but if I don't find a solution I will have to sell it for cheap.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links