Help Please... How do I move an email from my inbox to a folder

This is a discussion on Help Please... How do I move an email from my inbox to a folder within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi, I just go the Samsung Epic and this is my first Android so I'm not sure how everything works. When I had my other ...

Thread: Help Please... How do I move an email from my inbox to a folder

EpicForums.net Member Epic Forums User's Avatar

Help Please... How do I move an email from my inbox to a folder

Hi, I just go the Samsung Epic and this is my first Android so I'm not sure how everything works.

When I had my other phones (HTC Pro 2 and Treo), I was able to file away my emails after reading to a folder in my Exchange/Yahoo/Gmail. I can't seem to find the "move" button on the Epic. I only see reply, reply to all and forward.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hi, Did you ever get an answer about your question because I am wondering the same thing. I have googled and read the manual back and forth. Pls share should you ever find out. A friend told me that it is not possible on our Epics, so I have been just moving via my laptop or desktop computers. I know that is like double work, but. Please keep me posted. -Thank you, Shopwithrj...

What type of email account are you using? Is it Gmail, yahoo, exchange?

Gmail doesn't really use folders like traditional email clients, it has Labels instead. Basically Labels are just a folder, but it allows one email to be in tons of folders without needing tons of copies of the same email. "Archive" is the label for every email that's not in your inbox, so click that to "file it away."

In the Gmail inbox window, long-press on an email to bring up a menu. Also, if you click the check on the left, you will get new options at the bottom to perform actions in bulk.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links