Problems in opening picture text messages

This is a discussion on Problems in opening picture text messages within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Went to a sprint store (appointment) and they told me that when I am connected via wifi at home, it will not be able to ...

Thread: Problems in opening picture text messages

EpicForums.net Member Epic Forums User's Avatar

Problems in opening picture text messages

Went to a sprint store (appointment) and they told me that when I am connected via wifi at home, it will not be able to receive text notification and will not be able to see my picture (I have the download button showing but will not open the picture when I click on it). So this means, that when I have wifi connection at home, that disables the 3G connection on the phone and thus not seeing the Sprint's server where the text are delivered. Aren't the text messages via the 3G or 4G connectivity on the phone. So that means, my wifi connection will not allow the 3G connection on the phone? I tested sending a picture message from my Epic to my Tilt2 (AT&T windows phone) with the same wifi connection and I get the notification and I have to click on the icon to display the picture with no problem. But the epic as I have explained earlier, will give me no notification, it gives me a download button when I open up the text message - but will not do anything at all - not opening the picture. when I disable my wifi - and resend the same picture text message, I get the notification and able to see or download the picture.

Any ideas on this issue.

Thank you

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

No solution for this. It's a issue with not only Sprint but most of the carriers but with most smartphones.

Thanks for the reply, hiwhatsup..but as I have indicated, it does not happen on my windows mobile phone. Is it the carrier. So you are saying, it is a problem with the smartphone, regardless of the carrier?

Hi,

I also posted this at [Q] Problem with picture text messaging - xda-developers and already 2 users have confirmed that they have tested and it is happening exactly as I had posted it. In fact, sryans2004 has been a sprint user with his different phones like the EVO and others and is only happening on his EPIC. So, therefore, it is an issue with the phone rather than the carrier...

Ads