Need MEID Please

This is a discussion on Need MEID Please within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Would a Sprint Epic 4G user please provide me with their MEID number? I'd like to get someone at Verizon to look it up and ...

Thread: Need MEID Please

EpicForums.net Member Epic Forums User's Avatar

Need MEID Please

Would a Sprint Epic 4G user please provide me with their MEID number? I'd like to get someone at Verizon to look it up and see if it can be paired with their equipment or if their system will simply reject it. I'd love to have this phone, and my current dumbphone is on its death bed, so I gotta act quick.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You also need and MSL number which can only be provided by Sprint (which they will not give you). Without an MSL number you can't unlock your phone to use with other carriers.

Have you tried the Droid 2 or the Samsung Fascinate?

If you're really worried about coverage with Sprint why not buy and Samsung Epic (while keeping your Verizon phone) and test it out. You can return your phone and cancel your service within 30 days without penalty for a full refund of your phone (you still have to pay for that month of service).

I have not tried the Fascinate. My brother has a Droid 1, and I've installed Cyanogen 6.0 on it. According to xda-developers, the MSL is actually stored in a .BAK file on the micro SD card. There is an app in the market that will extract it from the phone, but it should be readable with a hex editor.

I still need an MEID number to see if Verizon's network will accept it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links