Good F&&*^%&^% Riddance

This is a discussion on Good F&&*^%&^% Riddance within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Well I wasted a week of my life. I was very excited for my first non Blackberry phone in close to 10 years. The Epic ...

Thread: Good F&&*^%&^% Riddance

EpicForums.net Member Epic Forums User's Avatar

Good F&&*^%&^% Riddance

Well I wasted a week of my life. I was very excited for my first non Blackberry phone in close to 10 years. The Epic turned out to be a complete piece of crap.

- From the day I unboxed it, I had about 5-10 shutdown/reboots a day. For no reason

- The battery is so unbelievably bad it's mindblowing. It will literally draw down to nothing in an hour of usage

- After 2 days I couldn't connect to wifi. "Unable to scan for networks" kept popping up. Apparently the only way to fix it is a hard factory reset which erases everything. 3 factory resets in 5 days. Seriously!?!? Piece of sh!t.

- The email on this piece of garbage is horrendous. Gmail is fine. Any other service or provider has an amazing amount of problems. I tired to open a pdf from a work email - it just sat and spun for 20 minutes draining the battery. Same email instantly opened on Blackberry.

- I know this is a local thing, but in the Scottsdale/Phx area Sprint service is horrible. 1 bar in my office and I was blipping in and out of Roam in my house. Sure, why not, Phx is a small town.

Good F*&%^&*%&*^% Riddance. I would definitely think twice before buying this phone. It's a fun toy when it works. But if you actually have to accomplish something on it - forget it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Lmao!!!!

I had to laugh cause this guy went completly off lol.

I don't know if you read my other post here, but I had a faulty unit that did things like that. Once I swapped it out, the new unit is entirely usable and better.

Don't get me started on the Sprint folks, though. They just wanted to install a task killer and send me along. The task killer helped, but I think it was actually faulty memory/hardware. The second unit had the DG27 upgrade already installed whereas the faulty unit came with the DG17 original install.

Ok. Im gonna take mine back allso

I have that and my battery still sucky. Well we will see the upcoming weeks.

Guys, give it some time. I wouldn't worry about the factory software too much just yet... an OTA update should fix the problems and also custom ROM's should be out soon which will REALLY knock your socks off.

i just replaced mine but im keeping the epic. switcher pro totally helps my battery. i turn off 3g data when im not using it and that saves alot of juice.

Can I have your phone? I'm in a good 3G/WiMax area. I'd gladly pay a fair price if it can be connected to Verizon.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links