Epic 4G on Verizon?

This is a discussion on Epic 4G on Verizon? within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I may be out of line for violating the mantra that Sprint is great, but I'm a current Verizon customer. I understand that both Verizon ...

Thread: Epic 4G on Verizon?

EpicForums.net Member Epic Forums User's Avatar

Epic 4G on Verizon?

I may be out of line for violating the mantra that Sprint is great, but I'm a current Verizon customer. I understand that both Verizon and Sprint run CDMA/EV-DO networks. I also have a WiMax carrier in my city, and I'd like to know if it's possible to get an Epic 4G on Verizon 3G and perhaps at some point subscribe to WiMax service.

If you don't know but have an Epic 4G on Sprint, I would love to know the ESN/MEID so I can ask Verizon if it will attach to their network. I really want a Galaxy S phone, but I'm not enthusiastic about the Fascinate.

Thanks for your time, guys!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well i would just call and ask, n harm in that. Sprint is not great neither is verizon but the phone kicks ugly ass :-).

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTQUAN2 View Post
    Well i would just call and ask, n harm in that. Sprint is not great neither is verizon but the phone kicks ugly ass :-).
    I tried that, but I don't have an ESN/MEID number to give them to try. If someone with Epic 4G on Sprint would be willing to give me their phone's ESN/MEID, I can call Verizon and see if it's even possible to connect it to their network.

Beyond that, I am not 100% certain that every single feature will work, but until someone else tries this, it will still be unknown.

If your WiMax carrier is Clear, well that is basically the same network that Sprint uses. In fact Clear is funded by Sprint and Comcast thus why both Comcast and Sprint offer 4G services.

FYI.. Since Sprint and Verizon are the only two major CDMA/ED-VO network's in the US they naturally roam off onto each other.

verizon is getting the Fascinate tomorrow, another Galaxy S, kind of like the evil cousin

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links