Samsung Epic 4G Release Delayed?

This is a discussion on Samsung Epic 4G Release Delayed? within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I've been searching the net and can't seem to find any confirmation that the Epic 4G will launch on August 11st. I'm starting to wondering ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Epic 4G Release Delayed?

EpicForums.net Member Epic Forums User's Avatar

Samsung Epic 4G Release Delayed?

I've been searching the net and can't seem to find any confirmation that the Epic 4G will launch on August 11st. I'm starting to wondering if Sprint is going to delay the release.

Any thoughts?

Here's an internal email that Engadget published on Friday:

Reserve Now allows customers to reserve a Samsung Epic™ 4G a Galaxy S™ phone for pick up at participating company owned retail stores on launch day.
    Effective Date: 8/5/10 - 8/17/10 or until inventory runs out
    · Reserve Now functionality opens to Sprint Premier customers beginning 8/5/10 and opens to all other customers beginning 8/6/10.
    · Sprint Premier customers will receive an e-mail on 8/5/10 with a direct link to begin the reservation process.
    · The general public will receive an e-mail on 8/6/10 with Reserve Now pre-registration site updates, store locator and sprint.com/shop information.
    · The Samsung Epic is not available to Employee or SWAC customers at the time of launch.
    · Reservations are made through sprint.com/epic4G.
    · Customers can only reserve one Samsung Epic 4G phone per reservation.
    · No money or credit card information is required.
    · Reserve Now closes on 8/17/10.
    · Note: Reserve Now will close early if inventory runs out.
    · Reserve Now orders not picked up by noon the day after launch are canceled.
    · Use Reserve Now for Samsung Epic to help customers reserve their Samsung Epic 4G phone.
    Why would reserves close on the 17th if the phone is scheduled to be released on the 11th?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Keep in mind that the only reason folks were talking about the 11th was a rumor from a third party site--until we hear anything definite from Sprint, everything we've heard is speculation. The buzz on this phone is big, and I would not put it past some of the blog sites to publish any half/quarter verified rumor in hopes of getting some traffic.

Myself, I'm still holding out for the 20th, which was the original rumored release date...

I have read nothing but rumors that say its scheduled to release on the 11th. there has been no publicity what so ever from sprint to confirm this. I am a Sprint premier customer and I have not received ANY email from sprint allowing me to reserve one of these phones yet. This link you give: sprint.com/epic4G takes you to the teaser page saying "available this summer" with no launch date only an email you can click to sign up for notifications. NOTHING what so ever about signing up for pre order or pre reservation on any sprint web site.
    Where are you getting this information?? Because according to what you post, as a Sprint premier customer I should be able to pre order right now and I cant, so whats up?

That information I quoted came from Engadget. I considered the release date rumored until I saw this image:

Could be just the work of photoshop

I also checked Engadgets site, and saw no story that said what you claim above. Dude whats up?

This is the only link on Engadget I found that says anything about a possible release date and it says nothing about premier customers can order now or anything like what you wrote above?

Samsung TV schedule points to Epic 4G in August? -- Engadget

I went to the movies last night, saw Salt, and a commercial for Samsung played, showing Galaxy S phones, said available at Sprint now! (Sadly this is not the case, which also makes me wonder if there is some sort of delay)

yea, i saw that also, then i jus hung my head in shame cause my date had her vibrant =(.

How was the movie? Been wanting to go see that!

Quote Originally Posted by greeneyedangel2 View Post
    I went to the movies last night, saw Salt, and a commercial for Samsung played, showing Galaxy S phones, said available at Sprint now! (Sadly this is not the case, which also makes me wonder if there is some sort of delay)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links