Had these ??? in another forum and never got a responce, hope this works

This is a discussion on Had these ??? in another forum and never got a responce, hope this works within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Does anyone know if I can use Audacity on my Epic? And if I can which version? It doesn't have Windows , Linus and it ...

Thread: Had these ??? in another forum and never got a responce, hope this works

EpicForums.net Member Epic Forums User's Avatar

Had these ??? in another forum and never got a responce, hope this works

Does anyone know if I can use Audacity on my Epic? And if I can which version? It doesn't have Windows , Linus and it sure isn't a Mac, so I am lost. I need to increase the volume on the ring tones and the notifications so I can hear them in the car or when the phone is in my pocket. Any ideas will be much appreciated. I am ready to return it for the EVO and I really would like not to.

Do you need virus protection and if so what is recommended?

Does anyone know how to increase the volume on the ring-tones and notifications to a level that they can be heard with the phone in your pocket driving down the road? I have never had such a quite phone and it irritates the crap out of me. ( I have everything on highest level in the phone I assure you, I need a way to increase it higher than the factory settings allow.)

Does anyone know if there is an antenna that can be mounted on the window to improve in house reception? I had Verizon and had no problem but with Sprint everyone has to go outside. I get a weak signal in my office. I bought one that turns out to be for mounting on a car and has a sticky that is suppose to be attached to the back of the phone, and I see no improvement with it, of course I have no idea where to stick it. ( No comments required there that aren't constructive, LOL)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Does anyone know why I can't hear notifications or calls in my Bluetooth on the Samsung Epic? I have on all my other phones and if I could that would solve my silent ring tone problem

does anyone know of a forum where people answer these type questions??

1) Volume: I'm not sure how loud you want it (or how bad your hearing is) but when turned up all the way I can hear from two rooms away.

2) Audacity: This is a desktop application not available on Android (that includes the Samsung Epic). There are several apps in the Market that you can install that allows you to increase volume including "Audio Master." As well as a few audio editors.

3) Cell phone in the pocket while driving: Maybe the problem is you have your cell phone in you pocket? Try maybe taking it out so you can hear it? I don't (or maybe I do) mean to be judgement but maybe you shouldn't be checking your email while driving?

4) "Antenna" i.e. Wireless Extender: You can find this on Amazon or many different vendors. I found this one for just under $200. Just do a Google search for "Sprint Wireless Extender"

Amazon.com: Wireless Extenders YX-400 zBoost Signal Booster for Sprint and MetroPCS for Home or Office (White): Cell Phones & Service

5) Notifications: If you insist on having your phone in your pocket while driving have you considered maybe setting up Gmail, Email and Messaging application to vibrate when you receive new message? That might solve your problem.

6) Why you can't hear notifications or calls in your Bluetooth on the Samsung Epic? The Samsung Epic or any other Android device will only notify you via bluetooth when you receive a phone call. Not when you receive an email or text message. Why? Because you're not supposed to read email's while driving.

7) "No comments required there that aren't constructive, LOL" - You're not very bright are you?

8) "Does anyone know of a forum where people answer these type questions??" - I suspect that maybe it's not lack of forums with knowledgeable people, but maybe just maybe it's the it's the context of your posts that is resulting in not getting any responses.

sorry I'm not "bright" enough for you, but the reason I want to be able to hear ring tones in my Bluetooth is because can't hear them with my phone in my pocket then hearing them in my bluetooth is a way to know I got a call or text or email anywhere, not just in the car that you are fixated on.

Thxs for the Audio Master info I will try and see if that helps. The reason I asked about Audacity is that there are numerous post saying that it does work. Someone must be in error.

Apology accepted and your welcome.

Two simple solution to your problem:

1) Set your phone to vibrate when you stick in your pocket. That way you can just feel when you receive a notification or call.

2) When you stick your phone in your pocket have the screen towards you. That way when the phone rings the speaker (which is located in the rear bottom edge of your phone) isn't muffled by having it press against you.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links