Overheating...

This is a discussion on Overheating... within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I am not sure if all phones have this problem, so I wanted to just check with you guys. My phone goes above 100 degrees ...

Thread: Overheating...

EpicForums.net Member Epic Forums User's Avatar

Question Overheating...

I am not sure if all phones have this problem, so I wanted to just check with you guys. My phone goes above 100 degrees the moment I connect it for charging. And more with wall charger than through USB. I can also feel it on the back side around the top camera area.

I don't know if I should be concerned.:confused:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm having the same problem and can't narrow it down. Had the red warning message saying the charging was stopped because the battery was exceeding 55 degrees C. Pulled the battery and plugged back in and all was OK. It started getting warm at 30% charge and I had 4G, GPS, WIFI, and BT off. I have noticed that BT seems to heat it up a bit when it can stay connected but that's another thread...

I ordered a new battery and will try it when it shows up.

Only had mine 2 days and haven't had this problem. Have you contacted Sprint, or checked the Samsung website?

I'm having this problem too...I didn't get any warranty for this either. Any reasons onto why this is happening...I woke up this morning and picked up my burning phone lol the temp was at 50C so I took out the battery and let it sit for 15 mins...it went down to 30C, then after not touching it for another 15..it was at 17C...very odd...what should I do, this crap is going to die within the next hour I'm worried it will fry the hard drive or something. Need help! Oh yeah its up at 38C right now with 40 percent battery life...

I had this problem 2 days after I got mine too! Its happened once since then. I just unplugged it and actually sat it in my fridge for a bit to keep it from doing any more damage to itself. No problems in the last month though but it sure was scary!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links